+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MY BOWP Refused on the last day of PGWP expiry

Dgilgan

May 24, 2017
Hello All,
I have applied for permanent residence and while waiting for a decision, I applied for my BOWP on May 1st.
My PGWP expires Today i.e. June 18th. I just received a BOWP refusal letter from CIC Canada today because I forgot to attach the provincial nominee certificate with my application.
I need help on what my next steps are?
I just finished submitting my second application for BOWP on the last day of my PGWP expiry i.e. June 18th.
Am i in implied status or should i stop working and apply for restoration of status?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You are out of status in Canada effective today. You'll need to stop working and apply to restore your status.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
You are out of status in Canada effective today. You'll need to stop working and apply to restore your status.
If he has received his AOR dated June 18th, when the Permit was valid then he is on implied status as CIC states. As he mentioned he has submitted his second application on last day. He should have implied status now.

If his AOR dated 19th June then he is out of status and he has to submit restoration fee otherwise his second application will also be returned due to restoration fee.

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Stop working, apply for restoration as well as workpermit extension along with AOR, PNP documents

Dgilgan

May 24, 2017
If he has received his AOR dated June 18th, when the Permit was valid then he is on implied status as CIC states. As he mentioned he has submitted his second application on last day. He should have implied status now.

If his AOR dated 19th June then he is out of status and he has to submit restoration fee otherwise his second application will also be returned due to restoration fee.

Hello,
After resubmitting the BOWP application on last day of my PGWP expiry, I received the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission and payment receipt for BOWP on the same day. However, I am yet to receive the submission confirmation.
I called cic this morning and according to them, I am under implied status as long as I applied on the last day and paid the application fee.
They also sent me an email with the below information

Implied status - Temporary resident

• If you apply to extend your stay at the latest on the expiry date of your status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply for renewal of your work or study permit at the latest on the expiry date of your status, and your permit expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions, as long as you remain in Canada.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Hello,
After resubmitting the BOWP application on last day of my PGWP expiry, I received the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission and payment receipt for BOWP on the same day. However, I am yet to receive the submission confirmation.
I called cic this morning and according to them, I am under implied status as long as I applied on the last day and paid the application fee.
They also sent me an email with the below information

Implied status - Temporary resident

• If you apply to extend your stay at the latest on the expiry date of your status:
    • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
  • If you apply for renewal of your work or study permit at the latest on the expiry date of your status, and your permit expires before a decision is made:
    • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions, as long as you remain in Canada.
Yes, this is what i was telling. As long as confirmation is dated as June 18th, you are safe.

Dgilgan

May 24, 2017
Yes, this is what i was telling. As long as confirmation is dated as June 18th, you are safe.

I actually didn't receive the submission confirmation yet.
I only received the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission and payment receipt.
I hope this is fine. Cic confirmed the same.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
I actually didn't receive the submission confirmation yet.
I only received the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission and payment receipt.
I hope this is fine. Cic confirmed the same.
Have you being assigned an application number yet?
Wait for the submission confirmation letter in your my cic account and see the date. Usually it has the same date as transmission.

Dgilgan

May 24, 2017
Hi,
Application number not assigned yet.
As per cic, submission confirmation letter may take a few days.