My application was refused

MelissaJam

Nov 24, 2021
Application submitted: November 3rd
Biometric Updated: November 8th
Medical: Not required
Eligibility Review Started : November 20th
Jamaican applying from Jamaica

I applied for a Study permit after getting an acceptance letter from Seneca College and paying my first semester fee in full. I was a student in 2012 studying logistics however I discontinued. I started working at JetBlue airways so I decided to do a diploma in Tourism Management Travel services specialization. I applied alone and used my husband, son, business and house as home ties. I showed 29,000CAD as proof of funds with 10,000CAD from my aunt in the US. My aunt in Canada is providing accommodation for me. The program that I choose to specialize in (Travel services) is not being offered in my country after doing my research. On Dec 2nd I received a refusal stating.

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status."

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit"

Crassiva

Aug 23, 2021

I applied for a Study permit after getting an acceptance letter from Seneca College and paying my first semester fee in full. I was a student in 2012 studying logistics however I discontinued. I started working at JetBlue airways so I decided to do a diploma in Tourism Management Travel services specialization. I applied alone and used my husband, son, business and house as home ties. I showed 29,000CAD as proof of funds with 10,000CAD from my aunt in the US. My aunt in Canada is providing accommodation for me. The program that I choose to specialize in (Travel services) is not being offered in my country after doing my research. On Dec 2nd I received a refusal stating.

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status."

"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit"
Order GCMS notes to better understand why you was rejected.

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021

You were issues only two reasons for rejection. Do two things ; 1. Increase your funds e.g. 40k plus , and it should be in your personal accounts. Your aunt’s money does not carry much weight here . 2. Show strong ties (families , properties, employment) to your home country. Additionally, clearly convince VO , how the program will benefit your future job career , and most importantly why you selected that program if different from your current qualifications.