+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Application Fee returned after 8 months, what is happening?

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
i applied through some lawyer in new jersery as FSW in January 2012, the fee was deducted from my card on febuarary, suddenly i check today, the money came back to my checking account again

i talked to lawyer 4 months ago, he told its all in process

now i call lawyer to tell my money got returned, he is not reachable on phone.

can some one explain what is happening here?

RM15

Mar 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 November 2012
AOR Received.
23 January 2013
File Transfer...
29 January 2013
Med's Request
07 November 2013
Med's Done....
15 August 2012; re-med 08 November 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
January 2014
LANDED..........
06 February 2014
This might help answer your question: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-returns.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RM15 said:
This might help answer your question: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-returns.asp
No, the OP applied in January/12. So it looks like his application was refused for processing by Sydney. I suggest that s/he obtain he CGMS notes, because the application was probably returned to his/her lawyer. I bet the lawyer wasn't a Canadian bar member either.

new2canada85

Star Member
Jan 31, 2011
So does this mean my application was never reviewed by Canada Immigration for FSW?

my lawyer told in past that when the Canada Immigration for FSW takes money from my debit card that means application is accepted and he wont return my 3000$ back which is his fee

now my money is returned by Canada Immigration for FSW, but he not lifting his phone for last 4 months

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am so sorry you're in this fix and I hope you will be able to get some/all your money back somehow. Can you go in person to the lawyer's office? Follow PMM's advice and order your GCMS notes immediately, they will take at least 30 days to come in email. Good Luck and hopefully you can have your documents ready to go for the next round when you have figured out where the problem lies. If you give some details of the NOC, whether or not you had a job offer, etc then others may be able to help you understand why he application was returned before GCMS notes arrive and it will give you some ammunition to deal with your lawyer.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Can you check whether this lawyer is currently a Canadian Bar member? If he is not a member you can report him. Before you do that though, ask him to return your application package.
I had legal representation for my application and paid a retainer fee which I understand is non-refundable. They can't guarantee the outcome so even a rejection means you have to pay more if you want them to represent you.

It's important to obtain your GCMS notes. If CIO sydney has returned your application, it could mean your file was missing one or more documents on the checklist. Hope it goes well for you the second time. In my humble opinion, if you have a straight forward case, you can compile the documents again and then have a lawyer just go over it(cheaper than retaining one for the entire process) before you mail it.

new2canada85 said:
So does this mean my application was never reviewed by Canada Immigration for FSW?

my lawyer told in past that when the Canada Immigration for FSW takes money from my debit card that means application is accepted and he wont return my 3000$ back which is his fee

now my money is returned by Canada Immigration for FSW, but he not lifting his phone for last 4 months

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
new2canada85 said:

he defrauded you and he is gone now. he will never pick the phone because he took your money and runaway. he never had applied for any immigration for you. now move forward, there is use crying over spilt milk

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Can you check whether this lawyer is currently a Canadian Bar member? If he is not a member you can report him. Before you do that though, ask him to return your application package.
I had legal representation for my application and paid a retainer fee which I understand is non-refundable. They can't guarantee the outcome so even a rejection means you have to pay more if you want them to represent you.

It's important to obtain your GCMS notes. If CIO sydney has returned your application, it could mean your file was missing one or more documents on the checklist. Hope it goes well for you the second time. In my humble opinion, if you have a straight forward case, you can compile the documents again and then have a lawyer just go over it(cheaper than retaining one for the entire process) before you mail it.
did u read carefully, he is not picking up the fone that means he is not on the scene.,,he is long gone,,he made him fool and gone long time...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
He may not be picking the phone but there is still the option of going in person to the office to confirm that the lawyer has moved. It is worth trying especially because the returned application has the original IELTS certificate which he needs anyway, even if he were to compile new documents.

Goodman!! said:
did u read carefully, he is not picking up the fone that means he is not on the scene.,,he is long gone,,he made him fool and gone long time...

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
new2canada85 said:
i applied through some lawyer in new jersery as FSW in January 2012, the fee was deducted from my card on febuarary, suddenly i check today, the money came back to my checking account again

i talked to lawyer 4 months ago, he told its all in process

now i call lawyer to tell my money got returned, he is not reachable on phone.

can some one explain what is happening here?
You paid processing fees using Debit card , did you paid lawer fees also using Debit card or credit card ?

If its credit card then go and speak to your credit card company. They can chargeback money.

If its debit card then call visa , they can (very low chances) help you under Visa Protection plan , its hard to explain idiots customer service representatives but if you google
'Visa and mastercard customer protection ' you may get some information.

Goodman!!

Star Member
May 24, 2011
SenoritaBella said:
He may not be picking the phone but there is still the option of going in person to the office to confirm that the lawyer has moved. It is worth trying especially because the returned application has the original IELTS certificate which he needs anyway, even if he were to compile new documents.
office will be closed too..he needs to report the matter to police...why you want him to waste time and money by going to offices..may be his lawyer is in different country then where he is..you send him return ticket to go and check lawyer office

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Find something to do with your time and get off my case, genuis!!!

Goodman!! said:
office will be closed too..he needs to report the matter to police...why you want him to waste time and money by going to offices..may be his lawyer is in different country then where he is..you send him return ticket to go and check lawyer office

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Agree!! Even when you report, they want to know what you've done to solve it on your own before they act.

The other thing I just thought about - paid representatives should be members in good standing of a Canadian provincial/territorial law society(and have a membership ID #). If this lawyer wasn't, that could be another reason for rejection.

Aquib said:
You paid processing fees using Debit card , did you paid lawer fees also using Debit card or credit card ?

If its credit card then go and speak to your credit card company. They can chargeback money.

If its debit card then call visa , they can (very low chances) help you under Visa Protection plan , its hard to explain idiots customer service representatives but if you google
'Visa and mastercard customer protection ' you may get some information.