+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my american bf wants to come to canada, help!

ms_sarbear

Feb 13, 2014
Hi Everyone,
Is there someone that could answer my question or has experienced this themselves?
My boyfriend is currently in school to get a biochem degree plus maybe a EMT certificate, he wants to come to work in Vancouver to be with me and eventually get married. What should he apply for, what visas and does he have to have a job lined up before applying to visa?
I'm really unsure what we need to do. I'm pretty concern. Any advice would be welcome.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unless he qualifies for a NAFTA occupation and has a job offer for one of those positions, see http://www.canadavisa.com/nafta-work-permits.html he would need an LMO to apply for a work permit. Getting an LMO is not easy. The employer has to prove that they have advertised and found no Canadians qualified or interested in the job.

Coming to Canada as a student is a possibility but he has to be able to afford the tuition and show some funds to survive as well.

The fastest way for him to get permanent residency would be that you get married and you sponsor him.