+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my agent is saying i wont get admission in any university...help needed respond

kunjumol

Apr 6, 2015
friends did i get admission in any university my agent is saying i wont get admission in any university
b tech-65% civil
(5 backlogs)
ielts 6.5
l-7 r-7.5 w 6.5 s 5.5
they are saying about colleges only.i am looking for sep intake.help me

bangloreguy

Mar 25, 2015
Please don't trust your agents blindly. They might be after the commission that the colleges offer. However, in your case, I don't think any university would accept an IELTS score of 5.5. I guess you need a minimum of 6 in each section of the test. Please check with the university website.
But, you can always take the test again and improve your score. So your IELTS score should not be a problem. I think it is too late for fall 2015 as deadline for most of the universities are already reached. All that I would like to advice is that improve your IELTS score and do better research on potential universities.

All the best

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
kunjumol said:
friends did i get admission in any university my agent is saying i wont get admission in any university
b tech-65% civil
(5 backlogs)
ielts 6.5
l-7 r-7.5 w 6.5 s 5.5
The question is why Canada ?.. Why not India or Germany ....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with your agent. It's going to be difficult to get into a university with your current IELTS score.

If you want to take a Master's program, you should really have at least 6.5 in each of the 4 IELTS categories. Your marks may also be a bit low for a Master's.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kunjumol said:
b tech-65% civil
(5 backlogs)
ielts 6.5
l-7 r-7.5 w 6.5 s 5.5
Usually, I don't agree with most of the things the agents say - however, they're right about your situation.

the 5.5 in speaking is quite low as well as 65%

Your scores are low to get into decent schools in Canada ( and most of the English speaking countries)

steyn007

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
I think i am a fool who blindly trusted the agency... ::)
I consulted them with the query of masters, but they got me admitted to a college.
As i am not much aware at that time that only universities provide masters,i thought that this college education(pg) is also a kind of masters.
And only just a few days before submitting for visa, i googled and end up in this forum, in which everyone insisting to do masters.
so i called the agency and told them not to submit for visa,they said that u will lose the paid fees and gic if u withdraw at this last moment.They asked me about the reason and i said that "i want to get into a university", were they again tricked me nicely by saying the large amount of tution fees($40000k) for masters and also about the job oppurtunities right after the pg diploma, which is not true with masters.With no option at that time(as i will lose the fees and gic amount), i applied and got visa for pg certificate course.I have 7.45 cgpa in bachleors in mech eng,for which they said that this is not enough for getting into a university which is also a false statement,i think.
Really wish now, i had seen this forum an year ago.
its all my fault,not doing enough homeworks and blindly trusted my agent.
Hope i can do well with my current course and get a job offer,which is the only thing i can do now :)