+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My 20 months childs needs to travel with me

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
I have a PR card, but my child only has a Canadian citizenship certificate. Last year, she traveled to Canada using a travel document for the first time and also has a Pakistani passport. She returned on her Pakistani passport. She is only 20 months old, and my Canadian husband forced us to return to Pakistan and unwilling to bring us back . Now, I'm in trouble regarding my child's travel. I have PR, so I can travel back, but my child only has a Pakistani passport and not a Canadian passport. What can we do? She only has a Canadian citizenship certificate.can she travel with me on my pakistani passport or she need to have visa bcz she only have pakistani passport right now.. and we want to travel urgently

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a PR card, but my child only has a Canadian citizenship certificate. Last year, she traveled to Canada using a travel document for the first time and also has a Pakistani passport. She returned on her Pakistani passport. She is only 20 months old, and my Canadian husband forced us to return to Pakistan and unwilling to bring us back . Now, I'm in trouble regarding my child's travel. I have PR, so I can travel back, but my child only has a Pakistani passport and not a Canadian passport. What can we do? She only has a Canadian citizenship certificate.can she travel with me on my pakistani passport or she need to have visa bcz she only have pakistani passport right now.. and we want to travel urgently
She must travel on a Canadian passport or emergency travel document.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What kind of travel document did you use to travel to Canada for the first time with your child? Normally a passport is required. This can be a regular passport or a limited validity Canadian passport.

You will need written permission from the child's father to take the child to Canada.

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
What kind of travel document did you use to travel to Canada for the first time with your child? Normally a passport is required. This can be a regular passport or a limited validity Canadian passport.

You will need written permission from the child's father to take the child to Canada.
but how can i if hee father is unwilling to cooperate in anything and also forcefully snd us back to Pakistan within 2 months... i have no clue regarding her passport so i travel on her pakistani passport from canada to pakistan . now its getting difficult for me to travel back to canada. so should we stay here for forever r should i go there and apply her Canadian passport n further requirements

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
but how can i if hee father is unwilling to cooperate in anything and also forcefully snd us back to Pakistan within 2 months... i have no clue regarding her passport so i travel on her pakistani passport from canada to pakistan . now its getting difficult for me to travel back to canada. so should we stay here for forever r should i go there and apply her Canadian passport n further requirements
[/QUOTE

She cannot travel on the Pakistani passport. You need to either get another travel document or a Canadian passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
Contact the nearest Canadian consulate or embassy and get a travel document.
but previously she traveled on travel document and then she return on her pakistani passport.. Now She don't have visa on her pakistani passport neithr she have canadian passport. so is she can avail travel document again???

quratulain18_

May 6, 2024
Have you tried applying for a Canadian passport for your child?
yes i contact embassy regarding this they said both parents documents are required to apply for her canadian passport ...but my husband is not cooperating in anything. Instead he threaten me with "do not try to come there "
i have a pr card but my child only have pakistani passport with canadian citizenship certificate

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes i contact embassy regarding this they said both parents documents are required to apply for her canadian passport ...but my husband is not cooperating in anything. Instead he threaten me with "do not try to come there "
i have a pr card but my child only have pakistani passport with canadian citizenship certificate
This is a Canadian immigration board, we're not going to be able to provide advice about what to do with (what appears to be) an abusive relationship in Pakistan with legal implications.

One thing to note, you need the Canadian passport to enter Canada/board a plane to Canada (with small exception of entering via land border in USA, where the certificate would be enough). You can inquire of the embassy about how, or under which circumstances, they'd issue a passport without approval of the other parent (I don't know).

But what Pakistan requires for exit of Pakistani nationals (incl dual citizens like your child) is a different matter. Lots of countries require permission from the other parent or sole custody documentation (eg after divorce). Getting the Canadian passport alone may not be enough to solve the issue.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
but previously she traveled on travel document and then she return on her pakistani passport.. Now She don't have visa on her pakistani passport neithr she have canadian passport. so is she can avail travel document again???
But the child has a Canadian citizen certificate. Use it to get the Canadian passport through the Canadian consulate or embassy. Seek their assistance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But the child has a Canadian citizen certificate. Use it to get the Canadian passport through the Canadian consulate or embassy. Seek their assistance.
Generally speaking, both parents need to provide their approval for passport issuance. I think this is the crux of OPs problem.