+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Muslim Marriage Registration for Indians

suban khan

Aug 2, 2017
Hi All,

I am applying for the express entry program, I have not filled in the profile as i am still waiting for ECA from WES

Although I am preparing the documents that i might when I hopefully get an ITA

I am stuck at the marriage certificate registration in India.

We were married in a Muslim ceremony in India. We have the translated copy of the Nikahnama from city Qazi and it has been attested by the Ministry of External Affairs in India.

Also i have my wife's name in my passport and she has my name endorsed on one of the pages in her passport. Our daughter also has our names as parents in her passport.

Are these documents enough to prove the marriage or do we have to produce the marriage certificate.

If yes, then can anyone advise the procedure for obtaining the same for Uttar Pradesh

Thanks in Advance
Suban Khan

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Hi All,

I am applying for the express entry program, I have not filled in the profile as i am still waiting for ECA from WES

We were married in a Muslim ceremony in India. We have the translated copy of the Nikahnama from city Qazi and it has been attested by the Ministry of External Affairs in India.

Also i have my wife's name in my passport and she has my name endorsed on one of the pages in her passport. Our daughter also has our names as parents in her passport.

Are these documents enough to prove the marriage or do we have to produce the marriage certificate.

If yes, then can anyone advise the procedure for obtaining the same for Uttar Pradesh

Thanks in Advance
Suban Khan
I was in the same situation as yours and it worked. The only difference was my niqah nama was in English at first. BTW, I submitted the following documents on the safe side:

1. Original niqanama
2. All the Ministry of foreign affair stamps + mantralay stamps which were on the backside of the niqanama
3. Recent photo of the family taken together from my phone
4. Passport copies to prove my spouse (each one of us had their spouse names added to passport)
5. Child passport which has parents name in it.
6. Marriage day photographs and Marriage cards

Simultanously, I was working on getting my marriage registered with the Govt., just in case the Case Officer / Analyst may require for additional documents on marriage then I should be able to produce them BUT fortunately I was never asked for it and got my PPR.

Hope this helps

Reactions: suban khan

suban khan

Aug 2, 2017
Thanks ...surely helps.. guess i will go ahead with the marriage certificate application as well in parallel

shakirsuman

Apr 10, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance
Suban Khan
Hi brother,
I am in same situation. I am in Riyadh with my family since 5 years. We both have each others name in passports plus kid has our names on his passport.
my marriage certificate is attested by Saudi embassy and notary mantralaya ( big red seal) which I used to apply for family visa in riyadh.

Will this be enough? what happened with your case. Did CIC accepted this?

thanks

Jaffer

Jul 26, 2018
Hi Friends,

Can anyone explain me do Muslim couple need to bring the marriage certificate or solemnized nikkah namah will be accepted. I have my wife passport under my name and also she has my name as spouse on her passport. We have bank account, wedding pics, Notary affidavit from mantralay and lots of pics from honeymoon. Do cic need marriage certificate also which I don’t have with me. Please help I am so stressed

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Need your help here guys.. I also have my marriage affidavit but I do not have marriage certificate. Also I have my wife name on my passport and she have mine. Will that be enough ? I am really nervous about it as I have got an ITA and waiting for document collection.

pathan19

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
My first application got rejected because I just submitted my marriage affidavit.
Is there anyone from India who have got the PR through Urdu Nikah nama and along with the english translation done from the licensed translator from Canada?.