+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MULTIPLE ENTRY FOR CANADA, WANT TO VISIT USA DURING STAY

rekman

Dec 20, 2013
Hi friends,
My parents obtain VISITOR MULTIPLE ENTRY .
As I read they are allowed to stay 6months in a row, and Must leave Canada on 6 month.

During their stay, may be 1 month before they leave, they will visit New York, travelling by coach.
When they will return, will the Port of entry update their Visa??
Will they allowed 6 more months to stay ???

I mean when they cross the border, and Come back to canada. will their stay be AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED.???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's up to the immigration officer they encounter when they enter Canada. The office may give them another six months - or may just let them back into Canada based on their original visit and visit expiry date.

Are you aware that they can apply for an extension to their visit from within Canada?

rekman

Dec 20, 2013
scylla said:
It's up to the immigration officer they encounter when they enter Canada. The office may give them another six months - or may just let them back into Canada based on their original visit and visit expiry date.

Are you aware that they can apply for an extension to their visit from within Canada?

Hi scylla,
Thank you for answering to my question.
Yes about the extension, I know about that.
But we are very confused, because we dont know,what to do,cause of the Air ticket , we want to leave it an OPEN TICKET, so that
when they would be back to Canada from USA, we are wondering if their stay would be updated to zero, and get an another 6 months to stay.

Can a visitor with multiple entry enter Canada with an OPEN AIR TICKET.
sTAY for 5month, leave for USA,come back 1 week later, ......would the officer give them another 6 months to stay.... (in fact they will stay only 1 month to celebrate their 45yrs wedding anniversary here with us) ,.... then will leave for their country.