App. Filed.......
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-02-2011
Hello. Pls advice, im a provincial nominee of manitoba and i want my port of entry to be in toronto, is that possible?

And one more question, can my connecting flight to winnepeg from toronto be like a couple days later? Because family are in toronto as well and want to see them so just wondering if we can stay a couple days in toronto then finally go fly to winnepeg.

Please help, thank you :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
p3me said:
Hello. Pls advice, im a provincial nominee of manitoba and i want my port of entry to be in toronto, is that possible?

And one more question, can my connecting flight to winnepeg from toronto be like a couple days later? Because family are in toronto as well and want to see them so just wondering if we can stay a couple days in toronto then finally go fly to winnepeg.

Please help, thank you :)
As an immigrant you can "land" or do the landing formalities at any port of entry in Canada that has immigration services. If your first port of entry on your flight itinerary is Toronto, then you do the landing formalities there (i.e. activate your PR status by presenting your PR and be examined for admission into the country by a border official).

This is with regards to the intention that you stay a few days in Toronto to see family before going to the final destination (Winnipeg) - this is fine. However, note that in some rare cases, border officials may ask for proof that you are just landing in that PoE enroute to the province where you are settling, so an onward itinerary/ticket to the province of destination may be asked. With your case, keep an the ticket/itinerary for the later Winnipeg flight handy for presentation if asked where do you intend to settle.

.../hth

p3me

Star Member
Jan 24, 2011
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2010
Passport Req..
11-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2011
LANDED..........
03-02-2011
Than you so much

Abeer.bd

Jan 20, 2015
ragluf said:
As an immigrant you can "land" or do the landing formalities at any port of entry in Canada that has immigration services. If your first port of entry on your flight itinerary is Toronto, then you do the landing formalities there (i.e. activate your PR status by presenting your PR and be examined for admission into the country by a border official).

This is with regards to the intention that you stay a few days in Toronto to see family before going to the final destination (Winnipeg) - this is fine. However, note that in some rare cases, border officials may ask for proof that you are just landing in that PoE enroute to the province where you are settling, so an onward itinerary/ticket to the province of destination may be asked. With your case, keep an the ticket/itinerary for the later Winnipeg flight handy for presentation if asked where do you intend to settle.

.../hth
I m in the same boat. Ar they gonna ask where am I living in Toronto for these few days?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abeer.bd said:
I m in the same boat. Ar they gonna ask where am I living in Toronto for these few days?
I'd say be prepared to provide an address and a contact number where you will be staying as well as the purpose of staying a few days - it has been quite a few years between that post, and there may be changes.

.../atb