manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
07-08-10
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-10
@ clarice

what happen during 2009? I thought nomination would only take 1 year but yours :eek:
PNP's i think dont need IELTS since I dont have one submit your TOR sealed with university envelope and employment certificate to speed up

charninder

Jul 2, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clarice_ldr said:
hello all,

i also would like to share my application track, though its not complete yet.

• 2007 May – prepared all documents for our MPNP application, but due to some reasons our sponsor wasn't able to submit them

• 2008 June – our sponsor submitted our 2007 application to Manitoba

• 2008 Sept – we received a letter from Manitoba requesting to submit updated employment record & financial statements

• 2008 Oct 02 – submitted updated employment record & financial statements

• 2010 early Jan – our sponsor in Winnipeg received a call from the Manitoba Immigration Division requesting us to submit another updated & additional financial statements (we have raised CND 7,000 but we were required to raise $12,000)

• 2010 Jan 13 – bank certificates & other financial documents were faxed to Manitoba Immigration Division

• 2010 Feb 4 – received Letter of Approval from Manitoba

2010 Feb 2nd week - we hope to be able to submit the required documents to the Canadian Embassy in Manila

Based on the checklist (Manila Visa Office Special Instructions) we only need to submit the ff, under column "P" for provincial nominees (along with the forms):
birth certificate
marriage cert
cert of no previous marriage
photocopies of our passports
photocopy of passport of our sponsor/s
police clearance (NBI)
photos
application/processing fee of approximately 46,000 PhP or CND 1,100 (for me & my husband)

After reading this thread, however, i wonder whether its wise to submit other documents (as to our education and employment) upon filing this month (which i'm quite sure they'll request later on) to speed up the process... I also have not taken the IELTS yet...

let me know what you think.

thanks,
clarice

PS. congratulations & good luck to all who have already received their visas! ;)
Hi clarice,

Congratulations on getting your approval from Manitoba and thanks for sharing your timeline.

Good Luck.

clarice_ldr

Feb 7, 2010
Iloilo City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CE Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-06-2008
Doc's Request.
09-2008 & 01-2010 update Employment & proof of funds
Nomination.....
04-02-2010 (dtd 12-01-2010)
sammy09 said:
@ clarice

what happen during 2009? I thought nomination would only take 1 year but yours :eek:
PNP's i think dont need IELTS since I dont have one submit your TOR sealed with university envelope and employment certificate to speed up
thanks, charninder!

hello sammy,

yeah, we never heard anything from canada last year, so i thought maybe there was something wrong with our papers - most likely with the settlement funds. we've raised $7K only instead of the required $12K, & i guess that proved to be true because that's what they requested from us to comply with last month (Jan).

the best thing really is to send the documents completely - that's why i still can't decide whether to send the TORs & employment certificates NOW even if they're not listed in the checklist. i'm planning to submit the documents this week to the Canadian Embassy in Manila. A friend who applied for a US visa said that its stated in their checklist "NOT TO SUBMIT documents that are not requested or in the list" or something to that effect, so i'm quite confused right now - they might take it against me for NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. LOL.

of course i want to speed up the process but don't you guys think its better to be safe than sorry? ;)

cheers,
clarice

vvlc

Feb 10, 2010
hi there! i am planning to pass my application (all forms and docs) to ceb next week. but before i do that, there's a few things I would like to know... first, what is the ideal amount for unencumbered transferable and available funds- as seen on schedule 4 (economic classes- provincial nominees) form? lets say i'm bringing my wife and our 3 year old daughter with me. aside from this, i would like to know if i need to secure an original copy of baptismal certificate. can somebody tell me if notarized photocopy is fine?

thanks in advance!

vvlc

Feb 10, 2010
re-post:

hi there! i am planning to pass my application (all forms and docs) to ceb next week. but before i do that, there's a few things I would like to know... first, what is the ideal amount for unencumbered transferable and available funds- as seen on schedule 4 (economic classes- provincial nominees) form? lets say i'm bringing my wife and our 3 year old daughter with me. aside from this, i would like to know if i need to secure an original copy of baptismal certificate. can somebody tell me if notarized photocopy is fine?

thanks in advance!

clarice_ldr

Feb 7, 2010
Iloilo City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CE Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-06-2008
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
hello vvlc,

we have the same concern: how much to declare in Schedule 4, and i believe the safest or the most ideal is the amount wherein you'll be able to show proof in case you'll be asked to.

as for the baptismal certificate of your little girl, i thought the checklist states "birth OR baptismal OR anything that will show relationship to you." if you have the SECPA birth cert, would you still need the baptismal cert? if you do, then the checklist also states that you have to send notarized photocopies. anyway, you'll be asked to submit/show proof if they're not convinced with the documents you submitted.

good luck!

i'm only waiting for the NBI clearance so i'll be able to file my application.

cheers,
clarice

rade

Feb 13, 2010
Davao City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2008
Nomination.....
Dec. 2009
AOR Received.
Jan. 2010
Med's Request
Feb. 2010
Med's Done....
Mar. 8, 2010
Passport Req..
Jun. 21, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 28, 2010
LANDED..........
In God's time......
clarice_ldr said:
thanks, charninder!

hello sammy,

yeah, we never heard anything from canada last year, so i thought maybe there was something wrong with our papers - most likely with the settlement funds. we've raised $7K only instead of the required $12K, & i guess that proved to be true because that's what they requested from us to comply with last month (Jan).

the best thing really is to send the documents completely - that's why i still can't decide whether to send the TORs & employment certificates NOW even if they're not listed in the checklist. i'm planning to submit the documents this week to the Canadian Embassy in Manila. A friend who applied for a US visa said that its stated in their checklist "NOT TO SUBMIT documents that are not requested or in the list" or something to that effect, so i'm quite confused right now - they might take it against me for NOT FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. LOL.

of course i want to speed up the process but don't you guys think its better to be safe than sorry? ;)

cheers,
clarice
hello mam clarice,

we received our approval last december 2009 and sent the required docs to the canadian embassy manila last january 2010. We received AOR by February together with the medical exam forms.

We just sent the docs under the marked "P" for provincial nominees. I hope this helps.

God Bless and good luck to your application. :)

clarice_ldr

Feb 7, 2010
Iloilo City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CE Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-06-2008
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
thanks rade!

it surely helped. i've decided to submit only what is asked under "P" in the checklist. we're just waiting for our CENOMAR, SECPA & NBI (these are the only docs we're required now) to be released early next week, then i'll be able to submit the papers and wait.

good luck on your application!

cheers,
clarice

santos_1024

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 29, 2010
Nomination.....
May 6, 2011
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Nov 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 5, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 8, 2012 / passport in CEM March 12, 2012 via air21
VISA ISSUED...
DM March 23, 2012 visa received - March 29,2012
LANDED..........
June 2012!!! God is so GOOD!!!
I would like to ask, My husband's cousin will sponsor us in Manitoba but what kind of documents do my husband need to submit to prove that his related to his cousin? because my husband's mother and his cousin's mother are sisters. the problem is they dont have birth certificate becuase they are not registered in civil registry, i think they were born before WWII. Please help...anyone...

clarice_ldr

Feb 7, 2010
Iloilo City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CE Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-06-2008
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
santos_1024 said:
I would like to ask, My husband's cousin will sponsor us in Manitoba but what kind of documents do my husband need to submit to prove that his related to his cousin? because my husband's mother and his cousin's mother are sisters. the problem is they dont have birth certificate becuase they are not registered in civil registry, i think they were born before WWII. Please help...anyone...
hello santos_1024,

I think you may apply under the general stream (with close/distant relatives or friends in Manitoba).

Your cousin will just have to comply with the Manitoba Affidavit of Support form (MAS) which should be included in your forms/downloadable from manitoba's website. There's a page/space provided in the form wherein your cousin just have to describe his relationship with you & that he is willing to help you get settled in Manitoba; have this form notarized in Canada & include this in your application package (I think you need 2 MAS, meaning 2 relatives living in Manitoba) for a much better chance.

hope these helped.

cheers,
clarice

santos_1024

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 29, 2010
Nomination.....
May 6, 2011
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Nov 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 5, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My husband's cousin are willing to sponsor us in manitoba. I would like to ask what are the documents needed to prove that they are related? Because we are having problem in getting birth certificates of my husband's aunt-deceased already (mother of his cousin) because she was born before WWII, that's why they are having problem with the civil registry. please someone who can share same experience. some are saying just present family tree... thanks

bluetulip

Star Member
Oct 20, 2009
hi, santos_1024.

Maybe, what you can do is to have "late registration" for your mother and your aunt. You can do this by taking your Mom and/or your aunt to the Office of the Civil Registrar of the town where they were born. The Registrar will be looking for two witnesses older than your mom/aunt to prove that they were really born in that place. That's what we did for my husband's mom and his aunt. We applied under the Family Support stream. We're leaving for Winnipeg in March.

After they've been registered, you may expedite the processing of the birth certificates by having them sent to NSO Main Office. You may ask your Registrar how to do it.

Good luck to you. I hope this helps.

santos_1024

Star Member
Feb 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 29, 2010
Nomination.....
May 6, 2011
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
IELTS Request
waived
Med's Request
Nov 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 5, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
clarice_ldr said:
hello santos_1024,

I think you may apply under the general stream (with close/distant relatives or friends in Manitoba).

Your cousin will just have to comply with the Manitoba Affidavit of Support form (MAS) which should be included in your forms/downloadable from manitoba's website. There's a page/space provided in the form wherein your cousin just have to describe his relationship with you & that he is willing to help you get settled in Manitoba; have this form notarized in Canada & include this in your application package (I think you need 2 MAS, meaning 2 relatives living in Manitoba) for a much better chance.

hope these helped.

cheers,
clarice
Thanks Ms. Clarice! ;)