+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to US from Canada while PR in progress

dinukr

Jun 27, 2024
Hi All need an advice on a situation.
I have applied for PR under PNP (after OINP -HCP ) approval) in March 2024. Current status is Biometric n Medical completed. Due to Work issue my Employer is Transferring me to US by this month (June) end or I will loose job.
Need your advice to suggest will there be any impact on my PR application if I will move to US ? Do I need to inform IRCC since I m moving to US by June end or I can call them and ask to update address once I have house in US?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Isn't your employer responsible for giving you notice well in advance of such a drastic change?

My first question is did you claim 50 points for a job offer? You will face a big challenge if you had because leaving for the USA now means you don't have the Canada job offer anymore and might lose the eligibility which you qualified for the OINP HCP EOI.

Even before informing IRCC, you need to inform Ontario you are leaving Ontario and changing jobs etc..., they might be ok if you didn't abuse the job offer points of 50 points, but as told above they might like that you are leaving Ontario.

Updating the address you can do that after finding your permanent accommodation in the USA. Also, you are an outland applicant now which is a bigger change also.

dinukr

Jun 27, 2024
thank you for your response.

Yes I claimed 50 points for job offer but since my OINP application was approved in Feb 2024 then I got 600 points then received federal invite and submitted application in March and now it’s in Medical & Biometrics completed stage so does job offer point still matter ?

My employer just told me 1 month notice to move or I will loose job.

I have been living in Canada almost 4 years now but due to job issue I have to move.

Isn't your employer responsible for giving you notice well in advance of such a drastic change?

My first question is did you claim 50 points for a job offer? You will face a big challenge if you had because leaving for the USA now means you don't have the Canada job offer anymore and might lose the eligibility which you qualified for the OINP HCP EOI.

Even before informing IRCC, you need to inform Ontario you are leaving Ontario and changing jobs etc..., they might be ok if you didn't abuse the job offer points of 50 points, but as told above they might like that you are leaving Ontario.

Updating the address you can do that after finding your permanent accommodation in the USA. Also, you are an outland applicant now which is a bigger change also.

dinukr

Jun 27, 2024
I would think that if you aren't planning to live and work in the province of nomination, that'll be an issue. Why would they give you PR if you aren't here?
Thank you for responding. I have been in Canada 4 years now and was planning to settle here but now situation is like either I move to US and work at client office in person or loose job. US Client is not ok with remote Canada job anymore

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for responding. I have been in Canada 4 years now and was planning to settle here but now situation is like either I move to US and work at client office in person or loose job. US Client is not ok with remote Canada job anymore
Is it financially worth to move? Are you making more than $100'000 a year?
Why not find a job in Canada?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
thank you for your response.

Yes I claimed 50 points for job offer but since my OINP application was approved in Feb 2024 then I got 600 points then received federal invite and submitted application in March and now it’s in Medical & Biometrics completed stage so does job offer point still matter ?

My employer just told me 1 month notice to move or I will loose job.

I have been living in Canada almost 4 years now but due to job issue I have to move.
Read the OINP conditions well, as per the conditions of your PNP sponsorship you have to inform OINP now as your job conditions change and you are leaving Ontario. If you don't do it you are liable for misrepresentation and might be banned from future applications both with OINP and IRCC. please don't take it light

OINP will decide about those 50 job offer points, but from your end be prepared mentally for the worst i.e. to lose the sponsorship, it is a big bonus for you if OINP still retains the PNP sponsorship.

As others say it sounds better if you remain back or work remotely in Canada for your employer that way you demonstrate both to IRCC and OINP that you care about your Canadian PR and want to contribute to the local economy.

However, If you wish to move to the USA, beyond the job I assume you are also motivated to chase an American Green Card good luck with that you may give your PR spot to a more deserving candidate who lives and works in Canada.

Last edited: