+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to for Alberta Express Entry Stream for Tourism and Hospitality

hhsgvn94

Jun 12, 2020
Dear everyone,
Hope you guys can advise us to apply for PR in Alberta.
We are currently located in BC and plan to move to Alberta for PR
Background
- Me: Study permit, graduate by May 2024 with Bachelor's degree in Tourism Management (also 1 College degree equivalent 2 years diploma in Canada) 3 years experiences front desk in Canada for hotel.
- Spouse: 1 year experience in Hotel Front office Supervisor and currently 8 months in Reservation Supervisor in the hotel. (2 years College degree in the U.S. WES 2 years diploma in Canada)

English: CLB 8 all bands for both of us.
We opened Express Entry profile but it is only 391 at the moment. If I graduate. It would be around 420s something.

Should we apply for tourism hospitality job in Alberta before moving to there or is there anyway we can apply for PR in Alberta before moving to there?

I appreciate for all your advice. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear everyone,
Hope you guys can advise us to apply for PR in Alberta.
We are currently located in BC and plan to move to Alberta for PR
Background
- Me: Study permit, graduate by May 2024 with Bachelor's degree in Tourism Management (also 1 College degree equivalent 2 years diploma in Canada) 3 years experiences front desk in Canada for hotel.
- Spouse: 1 year experience in Hotel Front office Supervisor and currently 8 months in Reservation Supervisor in the hotel. (2 years College degree in the U.S. WES 2 years diploma in Canada)

English: CLB 8 all bands for both of us.
We opened Express Entry profile but it is only 391 at the moment. If I graduate. It would be around 420s something.

Should we apply for tourism hospitality job in Alberta before moving to there or is there anyway we can apply for PR in Alberta before moving to there?

I appreciate for all your advice. Thank you
EE is not an option without PNP nomination. You need to select Alberta and your NOC and CRS score must be selected. You can apply for jobs…your choice. Why do you think moving to Alberta will give you PR?

hhsgvn94

Jun 12, 2020
EE is not an option without PNP nomination. You need to select Alberta and your NOC and CRS score must be selected. You can apply for jobs…your choice. Why do you think moving to Alberta will give you PR?
Thank you for your response. I see that Alberta is attracting more people working in tourism and hospitality program. And also Alberta has Alberta Express Entry, so we think maybe it's easier to get PR in AB than BC.
Even we are applying under CEC program but the government haven't draw any CEC for a while and the CRS scores is too high

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your response. I see that Alberta is attracting more people working in tourism and hospitality program. And also Alberta has Alberta Express Entry, so we think maybe it's easier to get PR in AB than BC.
Even we are applying under CEC program but the government haven't draw any CEC for a while and the CRS scores is too high
Express Entry is only an option if your NOC and CRS score is selected. You have a better chance if you are living and working in the province. No guarantee though. Thought BC would be easier since you are living and working there now.

Reactions: hhsgvn94

hhsgvn94

Jun 12, 2020
Express Entry is only an option if your NOC and CRS score is selected. You have a better chance if you are living and working in the province. No guarantee though. Thought BC would be easier since you are living and working there now.
Thank you.
As I have experience in the hotel during my study permit time. So it won't count to my canadian experience.
I'm thinking about getting a management job offer in Alberta after I graduate and move to Alberta, so better chance to get invited from the province