+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of Canada while PR application under process

HSM_

Feb 24, 2022
Hey guys,

I applied for my PR under FSW program (express entry) a year and a half ago from inside Canada and it is still under process.
Now I have to move out to another country for my studies. Will that affect my application in anyway?
Can I just leave and request an address change? or do I have to withdraw and start over from the other country?!
I really don't want to lose my application so what is the appropriate action here?

Thank you!

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
As far as i know, moving out will not impact IRCC's decision on the application. It will however change passport submission.

HSM_

Feb 24, 2022
So if I let them know they will handle my application and passport issues through the other country right?
Also that will make them issue a visa with the COPR for the landing as I am no longer inside Canada?

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
most likely IRCC will ask you to submit passport to the visa office in the country you are currently residing. once you submit the passport, you will get single entry visa stamped on your passport and copr document. On the safe side, make sure you call/raise webform before you move so they will advice you what to do next

HSM_

Feb 24, 2022
Thank you! That was really helpful. I read somewhere that one can't leave while their application is under process and I was about to withdraw mine!
I will send a webform although not sure I will get a response but just in case.