+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Canada to PH: Bringing 3 dogs

bikwinibottom

Nov 28, 2016
Anyone here who moved from ph (or anywhere else) to canada and bringing along your dogs with you. Can anyone share their experience and the procedure you guys went through? Was it easy? Or hard? Like really reslly hard? Any tips and info would be great. Thanks!

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
bikwinibottom said:
Anyone here who moved from ph (or anywhere else) to canada and bringing along your dogs with you. Can anyone share their experience and the procedure you guys went through? Was it easy? Or hard? Like really reslly hard? Any tips and info would be great. Thanks!
When are you arriving? I'll be going this March, with 1 dog in the cargo. Should you be later than March, personal message me after that and I'll share my experience with you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bikwinibottom said:
I'm confused. Your topic subject said moving from Canada to PH, while your post said moving from PH to Canada. I think the experience and procedure would be different. Are you going to do it yourself or hire a company?

bikwinibottom

Nov 28, 2016
steaky said:
I'm confused. Your topic subject said moving from Canada to PH, while your post said moving from PH to Canada. I think the experience and procedure would be different. Are you going to do it yourself or hire a company?

Whoops. Sorry. I meant moving From Ph to Canada. Im trying to figure out if its something thats easy and can be done on my own or if its better to hire someone else to do it. Any tips?

bikwinibottom

Nov 28, 2016
wyho007 said:
When are you arriving? I'll be going this March, with 1 dog in the cargo. Should you be later than March, personal message me after that and I'll share my experience with you.

Later than march. I will be pinging you after that. Hope everything works out great for you. Thanks!!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
The process of bringing animals is fairly complicated. Make sue you plan lots of lee time.

Your animals will need their own passports (document with vaccination records). Some vaccinations also have minimum gestation periods (several months with additional vet checks and signatures) before animals are permitted into Canada. You may also have to go to specific state vets or specifically certified vets.

Transportation is also somewhat complicated and very expensive. If you need to ship your animals by plane, in the hold, make sure that the plane you are sending them has a heated hold. Not all holds are and obviously you do not want your animals to freeze (Canada being pretty cold)

There are often some travel agencies that specialize in moving animals. Might be worth exploring that option if you are concerned.

To make sure you are compliant I suggest you look at this https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/bringing-your-pet-to-canada

Good luck, this is complicated and expenses. Hope you succeed :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bikwinibottom said:
Whoops. Sorry. I meant moving From Ph to Canada. Im trying to figure out if its something thats easy and can be done on my own or if its better to hire someone else to do it. Any tips?
If you are flying with them, the day before your flight, you probably would have to reconfirm with the airlines that you would be traveling with them. Like NetMecca said, the process is complicated but doable.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Your vet should be able to answer that question with a little research, alternatively I would suggest you have a look at the Canada border services website.

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/bringing-your-pet-to-canada
and
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/eng/1326600389775/1326600500578

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
NetMecca said:
Your vet should be able to answer that question with a little research, alternatively I would suggest you have a look at the Canada border services website.

https://travel.gc.ca/returning/customs/bringing-your-pet-to-canada
and
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/animals/terrestrial-animals/imports/policies/live-animals/pets/eng/1326600389775/1326600500578
It's your choice of word "passport" that threw me off, as I've already read those links extensively before, and that word implies it is a special travel document, rather than the usual vaccination certificates that can be retrieved from the vet.

From what I've understood, for the Philippines, one has to get an import certificate from the Bureau of Animal Industry, in addition to the rabies vaccination certificate. I've read other links that CBSA doesn't necessarily look for this for domesticated cats/dogs, but I figured better to get that to be safe.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Sorry about that. Language issue I guess. Although mine was called a pet passport :)

Rather safe than sorry is the best approach. Especially where you pets are concerned.

Good luck