+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

moving back to Canada

shawnyy

May 25, 2013
hey i was just wondering i was originally born in Canada in 1993, so i am a Canadian Citizen. But my whole family moved to Australia in 1998 so i been living in Australia for about 15 years and currently living in Aussie . But i only lived in Canada for only 5 years of my life. I am planning to move back to Canada in the next couple of years because it a great country. But what is the process if i move back to Canada since i have a Canadian citizenship and Hold a Canadian Passport?

Thanks

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
As long as you have a valid passport, i dont see a problem of just entering Canada.
Then you gotta go to a service canada office and apply for a social insurance number,open a bank account etc.
I dont think you will encounter any problems.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
shawnyy said:
can i use my canadian passport even tho im going there for a holiday?
What part of being a Canadian citizen you do not understand? ;D You can travel with this passport anywhere you like without any problems, worldwide. You are CANADIAN.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shawnyy said:
anyone know which suburbs in Toronto is the cheapest places for where i can find rent?

thanks
check websites such as craiglist or kiiji

karykuan

Nov 6, 2012
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First thing first, you need a SIN, social insurance number. Since you are canadian, all you have to do is to bring all required documents (http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/proof.shtml) to a nearby Service Canada office to apply for SIN, you will get your number immediately and the actual card will be mailed to you shortly after. Also, to file for your tax every year(around March and April mostly) and receive any possible government benefits you need that number too. In terms of cheap place to live, if you are flexible, ie, you don't mind having roommates, you can find cheap places to live in Toronto anywhere from $400 to $700 per month. Location-wise, you should take consideration of where you intend to work or study, live close to where you work is always a good choice.