+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved to India after AOR

In a

Feb 13, 2013
Hi,
I applied for PR under CEC in May 2012 and I got my AOR in Oct 2012. In Nov 2012, I came to India on vacation due to many reasons, I was not able to return back. Now I got an email from CIC that my HR refused my employment verification and asked me to send documents to prove my employment with roles and responsibilities.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I notify my change of address? Will my file transferred to India? Will it delay the processing?
2a. I got my ROE from SC. Can I send that as a proof of my employment. But in that my employer had mentioned that I moved back to my home country after my assignment, which I have not informed CIC.
2b. I am planning not to send ROE but send the various letters I got from HR for different reasons, some with my roles and responsibilities which had been provided for applying Canadian Worker Visa and all my ADP pay stubs to prove my employment.

Which is a good option - 2a or 2b?

3. Can I have the mailing address to be Canadian address and change only the resident address?
4. Should I send the documents through email or mail?

Pls respond.

sabidhawan

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Strange to see they actually called your employer to verify employment. I am aware they do it but not very often. Can seniors add to this and clarify if CIC actually calls to verify employment.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sabidhawan said:
Strange to see they actually called your employer to verify employment. I am aware they do it but not very often. Can seniors add to this and clarify if CIC actually calls to verify employment.
They certainly can and sometimes do.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
In a said:
Hi,
I applied for PR under CEC in May 2012 and I got my AOR in Oct 2012. In Nov 2012, I came to India on vacation due to many reasons, I was not able to return back.

You are required to inform CIC of your change of address....

Now I got an email from CIC that my HR refused my employment verification and asked me to send documents to prove my employment with roles and responsibilities.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I notify my change of address?
Yes

Will my file transferred to India?
You can request it, but they don't have to transfer.

Will it delay the processing?
If the file is transferred, probably.

2a. I got my ROE from SC. Can I send that as a proof of my employment. But in that my employer had mentioned that I moved back to my home country after my assignment, which I have not informed CIC.

Yes, the ROE is a valuable piece of evidence and you should definitely send that. But it does not list "roles and responsibilities." Did you not have a letter of employment with this information in your application? Any other document listing roles and responsibilities? Do you have any friends at the company that are willing to state that you worked there?

Write a letter of explanation about when you returned to your country and why you were not able to return.

2b. I am planning not to send ROE but send the various letters I got from HR for different reasons, some with my roles and responsibilities which had been provided for applying Canadian Worker Visa and all my ADP pay stubs to prove my employment.

Why would you NOT send the ROE? It has all the same information as the paystubs, and it's a lot smaller :) In your situation, I would send as much as you have, but you still need something to prove roles and responsibilities (perhaps the letters from HR will do the trick).

3. Can I have the mailing address to be Canadian address and change only the resident address?
You can have a different mailing address and residential address if you want.

Email will be faster, if you can scan the documents.

canadacec2012

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ,

i agree with Jes_ON answers.

i would suggest to send below items with nice covering letter

1.ROE
2.ADP Pay stubs
3. All HR letters that conatains Roles and responsibilities

2a and 2b is best option.

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
In a said:
Hi,
I applied for PR under CEC in May 2012 and I got my AOR in Oct 2012. In Nov 2012, I came to India on vacation due to many reasons, I was not able to return back. Now I got an email from CIC that my HR refused my employment verification and asked me to send documents to prove my employment with roles and responsibilities.

Now my questions are:

1. Should I notify my change of address? Will my file transferred to India? Will it delay the processing?

Pls respond.
Hi, What's ROE and SC ?

In a

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for info.

ROE - Record of Employment
SC - Service Canada.

I'll send all docs mentioned by you.

When i ask them to change my address, do i have option to ask them not to transfer the file to India?
I have paystubs for 44 months. Should i send them all?

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
Hi,
I think your case is interesting. Some information pointers for you:

1. Did you submit a employment reference letter with roles and responsibilities? If yes, it's interesting that your HR is denying your employment, or so to say they are implying that you have sent a fraudulent letter!

2. Did you simply submit a employment reference letter without roles and responsibilities? If yes, I think your VO is amazing, since there are tons of cases where they have simply rejected the app wherein the roles are not mentioned. At least, your VO is giving you a chance to prove employment.

In my opinion, the best solution in your situation would be - RoE, Pay stubs, T4, and if you cannot procure a ref letter with roles, a write up on why you cannot procure (for example employer refusal to issue), along with your job duties/roles matching the NoC.

Hope this helps.

In a

Feb 13, 2013
I submitted a letter with all my roles and responsibilities and other documents 3 yrs T4, NoA, ADP pay stubs. Well i applied only after completing 3 yrs of canadian experience.

My VO had asked for more supporting doc. I have everything. Only thing which am concerned is, i don want to change my processing office to India.

My ROE clearly states that i went back to India after assignment. Will this lead to transfer my case to India? Which will eventually cause delay in processing

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
Well...it seems your HR (as you mentioned) only declined to verify your employment, not denied or approved it with CEC!!
Your RoE should be enough in this case (on top of all the other docs you have submitted).

Re: Transferring the case - I do not think they would transfer your case. To best of my knowledge, you will still be considered as In-Canada applicant, and CPP-O will be visa office.

Best of Luck!

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
In a said:
Hi,

Now my questions are:

Pls respond.
When did you receive the email from CIC ? and why would your HR refuse to verify your employment ? Can you share the exact lines mentioned by CIC ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
In a said:
My VO had asked for more supporting doc. I have everything. Only thing which am concerned is, i don want to change my processing office to India.

My ROE clearly states that i went back to India after assignment. Will this lead to transfer my case to India? Which will eventually cause delay in processing
No, your case will not be transferred, unless you request it and even if you did request it, they might not transfer it.