+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother name different in her passport and my passport will it cause any problem in sponsoring her visitor visa?

kyle529

Mar 30, 2022
My mother's name in her passport and all of her other documents is her maiden name but in my passport its her married name. Other than passport I only have two documents which has her name mentioned on it (i.e. Birth certificate and Class 10th Marksheet) but both of them has only her first name mentioned. Now will this create any issues in sponsoring her visitor visa and how can I solve them. Also how can I prove Mother-child relationship?

Reactions: salw578

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
My mother's name in her passport and all of her other documents is her maiden name but in my passport its her married name. Other than passport I only have two documents which has her name mentioned on it (i.e. Birth certificate and Class 10th Marksheet) but both of them has only her first name mentioned. Now will this create any issues in sponsoring her visitor visa and how can I solve them. Also how can I prove Mother-child relationship?
Not really. I had the same situation. In the application, I declared her maiden name before marriage and submitted the passports (both mine and hers) in which she had her married name. I got the TRV approved without any issues.

Reactions: kyle529

kyle529

Mar 30, 2022
Not really. I had the same situation. In the application, I declared her maiden name before marriage and submitted the passports (both mine and hers) in which she had her married name. I got the TRV approved without any issues.
Thank you for your reply :))

But both of our passports have her name differently mentioned
In hers maiden name and in mine married name.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

1.. It makes absolutely no difference. Birth Certificate proves relationship.

RohanKumar007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2021
No issues. Just give brief explanation in 2 to 3 lines about this. In my passport, only my mother's first name is mentioned. I did not mention anything in the application about it. There was no problem in getting their visa.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello Experts,
I Have been going a stressful situation regarding mother's name at birth.
I got my COPR, and i will be landing very soon in Toronto.
My question regarding Mother's name ta birth.
Background :
Mother name in my Bangladeshi passport / Certificates / Birth certificate : Ruxana Aziz
My mother name in her ID card/ Passport: Ruxana Ferdous poli.
During PR process, in schedule A, i mentioned my mother name at birth as per her passport.

Now, i can feel that, onward, in everywhere, ( SIN, Canadian passport) , i will be asked to put my mother's name at birth. Then it will be different name in my two passport.

In BD passport : Ruxana Aziz
In Canadian PR Card/ Sin/ Passport : Ruxana Ferdous Poli

Please help somebody, who had gone thru with this situation

Haaya

Dec 2, 2023
Thank you for your reply :))

But both of our passports have her name differently mentioned
In hers maiden name and in mine married name.
My husband’s mother name spelling is missing one h in our marriage certificate while we put it with h in the application form will it create any problems?

chandanat19

Jan 4, 2024
Hi all,
I have a question -
My mother's surname in her passport is T (all her docs are with T only)and in my passport and DOB certificate is V.

Will this create a problem when I apply for visitor visa for her?

A notary is required?