+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 6months and still waiting for PPR

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
Hi guys, I had applied for my sds visa on 28th March from Mumbai, India. I am still waiting since then and according to the tracker I recently received an update stating "We received your enquiry. " which was on 4th October after which again no updated.

Anyone in the same boat as me pls reach out

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
14-04-2020
Passport Req..
04-07-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2022
LANDED..........
02-12-2022
Hi guys, I had applied for my sds visa on 28th March from Mumbai, India. I am still waiting since then and according to the tracker I recently received an update stating "We received your enquiry. " which was on 4th October after which again no updated.

Processing time really depends, I have seen a few days ago on a facebook group someone getting their PPR after a 7 months wait , although 6 months is too much, I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes to see what's going on (you will get them in about a month time), meanwhile raise a webform

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Processing times from India has skyrocketed. It takes around a month to get answers after submitting webforms due to the volume of webforms submitted. What program and school did you apply to?

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
Processing times from India has skyrocketed. It takes around a month to get answers after submitting webforms due to the volume of webforms submitted. What program and school did you apply to?
Well I have applied to NYIT for Masters in Cybersecurity

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
Processing time really depends, I have seen a few days ago on a facebook group someone getting their PPR after a 7 months wait , although 6 months is too much, I would suggest ordering your GCMS notes to see what's going on (you will get them in about a month time), meanwhile raise a webform
Raising a webform I don’t think it would work because the ones which I raised in july aug
Got updated recently on 4th october

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
Does getting the GCMS notes help? (Sorry have no idea what exactly are they)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well I have applied to NYIT for Masters in Cybersecurity
NYIT is a private university that caters to international student so is likely a target of the government because they are mostly degree mills. Not surprising that processing is taking longer given the school compared to other masters degrees at public universities.

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
NYIT is a private university that caters to international student so is likely a target of the government because they are mostly degree mills. Not surprising that processing is taking longer given the school compared to other masters degrees at public universities.
I don’t think they are giving out fake degrees or doing anything illegitimate because its quite well known in Newyork plus there are alot of people I know have been given visas and alot who are still waiting

Liny

Jan 26, 2021
private universities in Canada today are regarded simply as an immigration loophole, which has negatively impacted their reputation

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
14-04-2020
Passport Req..
04-07-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2022
LANDED..........
02-12-2022
Does getting the GCMS notes help? (Sorry have no idea what exactly are they)
It will not help your case but help you understand what they are currently doing with your file and where it is standing, find out if there is anything delaying your application.
gcms stand for global case management notes, it gives you access to the agent working notes of your application and you can check in it all stages of an application processing and where they are at, if you have family in Canada you can order it through them , otherwise there are plenty of agencies online who can get them on your behalf.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don’t think they are giving out fake degrees or doing anything illegitimate because its quite well known in Newyork plus there are alot of people I know have been given visas and alot who are still waiting
The school is essentially a degree mill for international students. Most in Canada have never heard of it. Most of these private universities have now attracted even more international students which is why Canada is now going to include masters degree in international student quotas and BC is likely not going to allocate any or many spots to these private schools.

lucifer7

Star Member
Jun 7, 2024
The school is essentially a degree mill for international students. Most in Canada have never heard of it. Most of these private universities have now attracted even more international students which is why Canada is now going to include masters degree in international student quotas and BC is likely not going to allocate any or many spots to these private schools.
Yeah, I've heard that they arent given any more seats (around 35-40 seats) per intake so which is pretty much less compared to 2023 intake which was around (200+ seats)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why not go to New York instead of going to Canada?