+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

More than 4 months waiting for oath invitation- Glen Erin office, Mississauga

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
Hi all,
I took my citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga on July 29, not yet got invitationletter for oath.
Is this normal? Can anybody share their timelines or similar stories?
I got RQ before test but it was not assessed yet on the day of the test.
Applies August 2011
Got RQ June 2012
Replied to RQ July 2012
Passed the test July 29, 2014
Still waiting for Oath

Sophie_Anne

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
We had our test on August 11th and still waiting for the invitation to take the oath. Hopefully next week, I do not want to have my holiday abroad impacted. Good luck!

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
any news here? anyone received oath letters yet?

took test oct 30th and no oath letter yet. no RQ (thankfully and hopefully stays this way)

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladygaga-93 said:
Hi all,
I took my citizenship test at Glen Erin office, Mississauga on July 29, not yet got invitationletter for oath.
Applies August 2011
Got RQ June 2012
Replied to RQ July 2012
Still waiting for Oath
Hi LadyGaga,

Your time line is smilier to my timeline.
My time line is:
1 We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 12, 2011.
2 We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 12, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
4 We started processing your application on September 14, 2012.

Got RQ in Sep, 2012 and RQ sent in OCT 2012
6 We sent you a notice on April 29, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 20, 2014 at 8:15 AM.
8 We sent you a letter on October 14, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Now got another RQ which is called "REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTARY
EVIDENCE OF YOUR RESIDENCE IN CANADA"

They need My - ROE, Heath Summery and my husband Tax notice Assessments for last 4 years.

So, you enjoy your time do not worry because i got this after six month of pass my test ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) and now I do not know how long will go. BTW I am ottawa office applicant.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys could you please share what were you told after the interview. did you give you any time frame? or they just said you will receive oath letter by mail? Also sometimes they say we need to review your file or the RQ. Did you hear anything like this from the agent on interview day?

vg1018

Oct 3, 2014
Hi All,

Me and my wife gave test on Sept 24th.
We cleared.

We were offered the oath date for Sept 30th during the interview.
Due to a medical emergency back home, we explained the situation that we have to travel and we be given another date.
The officer agreed.

She called a few days later - October mid. At that time my wife had travelled already to support family during the medical emergency.
I offered to take the oath alone.
Officer said do it together and that I will receive a new date.

Haven't received till now. Am worried.

Called CIC and they said file is clear but I should write a letter to Mississauga office as they do not give out dates.

Can someone share their experience.
Should I be worried?

Thanks,
VG1018

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goldline said:
Guys could you please share what were you told after the interview. did you give you any time frame? or they just said you will receive oath letter by mail? Also sometimes they say we need to review your file or the RQ. Did you hear anything like this from the agent on interview day?
Mississauga test takers ! where are u? why are u so silent? no feed back at all after the test?

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ladygaga-93 said:
Hi all,
Applies August 2011
Got RQ June 2012
Replied to RQ July 2012
Still waiting for Oath
It is been 9 months after my test.