+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cad143

Oct 11, 2016
Yeah apply for another set just to see if the eligibility status changed in the meanwhile. Generally in Montreal if you provide documents proactively they take them in to consideration. I have seen 4 cases like that on this thread where additional documents worked and there was no delay from Montreal's standard timeline. All the best!
Thanks so much for the advice, Cansha. Will apply for a new set then. I'm so anxious lately. Can't sleep too. lol. I'm so glad we have this forum. Haven't had the chance to check regularly and be active as work has been so busy too. Will update you all. My timeline says 1 more day hihi although I know this will be extended. Crossing my fingers and praying for good news. Thanks again, Cansha!

Reactions: cansha

koko89

Feb 4, 2019
Guys, I applied for PR last year and got refused in March. In the refusal letter they stated that they asked me to submit additional documents and that I didn't submit them so that is why they refused me. But I never received such a letter in my account asking me for additional documents. I really didn't know what to do so I applied again in July. I got another refusal last week, but this time when I go to check the messages and click on refusal letter there is no letter. I called CIC and they said the letter will come in 5 days, up till now I don't know why I was refused. What should I do. I find it really strange. I went past 6 months and each time I called withing those 6 months to ask if I need to submit anymore documents they say if its needed they'll let me know. I really don't know what to do. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks for your help on this.

Reactions: Adeife23

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys, I applied for PR last year and got refused in March. In the refusal letter they stated that they asked me to submit additional documents and that I didn't submit them so that is why they refused me. But I never received such a letter in my account asking me for additional documents. I really didn't know what to do so I applied again in July. I got another refusal last week, but this time when I go to check the messages and click on refusal letter there is no letter. I called CIC and they said the letter will come in 5 days, up till now I don't know why I was refused. What should I do. I find it really strange. I went past 6 months and each time I called withing those 6 months to ask if I need to submit anymore documents they say if its needed they'll let me know. I really don't know what to do. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks for your help on this.
order gcms notes

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Anyone experiencing progress bar missing from the cic account application page? this morning it was there around 9:00 am, now it is gone. anyone had the same experience?

Thanks

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Anyone experiencing progress bar missing from the cic account application page? this morning it was there around 9:00 am, now it is gone. anyone had the same experience?

Thanks
Mine is still here :D May be PPR is close for you:D:D I am typing this here for reference when it happens

Reactions: tuitui509

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
I am hoping they are not
Mine is still here :D May be PPR is close for you:D:D I am typing this here for reference when it happens
I am hoping this is not what it means, because I am sure we will get the same time. it might be just a glitch from their system. Also it now itches me every second make me to have an impulse to call them and raise another CSE to ask for a status update.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
I am hoping they are not

I am hoping this is not what it means, because I am sure we will get the same time. it might be just a glitch from their system. Also it now itches me every second make me to have an impulse to call them and raise another CSE to ask for a status update.
Please call them,lets verify this "theory". I wouldn't be surprised though, remember the last time your file was in the queue for background check

niru91

Sep 11, 2018
Hello all,

I just called the IRCC, in a curiosity to know in which state my application is, and I was not given any information except for what is there on my profile. When asked for the processing center I was told that it is at Montreal Immigration office. My AOR - Sept 11, 2018 and meds passed at Oct 6, 2018 and no update since then. I was told the file is under verification. Can I get more insight on this, and what are the processing times of Montreal office, usually, do they complete the application process in the designated time line or go over board?

Thanks in advance.

Adeife23

Oct 26, 2018
Hello all,

I just called the IRCC, in a curiosity to know in which state my application is, and I was not given any information except for what is there on my profile. When asked for the processing center I was told that it is at Montreal Immigration office. My AOR - Sept 11, 2018 and meds passed at Oct 6, 2018 and no update since then. I was told the file is under verification. Can I get more insight on this, and what are the processing times of Montreal office, usually, do they complete the application process in the designated time line or go over board?

Thanks in advance.
Hello,
Welcome onboard. It is unfortunate that you have to join us in this looong wait. Montreal takes at least six months to process files and we have seen on this forum many people whose files were approved after the six month mark. Some 6.5, others 7 months. It really depends. I hit my six month mark two weeks ago and I am still waiting. Another sad thing is that they wait till the 5th or 6th month to ask for any additional document, that is why it is advisable to order gcms at the end of your third month or in your fourth month to see what is happening woth your file. Since you are Sept AOR, I think now would be a good time to order your fisrts gcms

Reactions: cansha and niru91

Steb1

Apr 17, 2018
Norwich, UK
AOR Received.
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
02-07-2018
Hi all, I just got PPR, it appears to be from the Montreal office. Took 217 days, just over 7 months. UK FSW-O. I'm still waiting for GCMS notes to be sure of what happened, but pleased the waiting bit is over!