+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Montreal Visa Office ... Let's connect here.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Guys , I need ur urgent help,
First I want to thank all who advised me to order another set of GCMS @cansha @maverick1982 and all the others who did..
I ordered a set dated January 17th,2019.
My eligibility is set Review Required by a Case analyst in Montreal, and the due date is 13 Feb 2019
The RR is due to "Settlement fund" issue , the certificates I have provided from the bank include current cash plus "certificate of deposits" that are readily to be reedemed anytime and their value actually way exceeds the required 12,500 required for a single applicant.
those "certificate of deposits" are obviously not mentioned in their calculations, but they "noted" its presence in the bank certificate.
Guys..would it be enough to raise a cse refering to these certificate deposits and the statement that says they can be redeemed anytime.. or shall i contact the bank for further detailed statements or what ..?
Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated @tobs and any other fellows
Honestly, it is possible that a senior visa officer approves your case without any action here but I think just to be sure and for your peace of mind take a letter from bank which states that these certificates of deposit can be redeemed anytime etc. and then write a LOE and upload using the CSE. That should do it.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Honestly, it is possible that a senior visa officer approves your case without any action here but I think just to be sure and for your peace of mind take a letter from bank which states that these certificates of deposit can be redeemed anytime etc. and then write a LOE and upload using the CSE. That should do it.
thank you Cansha for your comforting words, I'll definitely contact the bank for this letter..but do u think i can get a refusal?

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
No I highly doubt this can lead to refusal.
but I may not have mentioned that they stated clearly that I'm not complying with R 76 (1) (b) .. will that make U change ur mind about the "refusal" ?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
but I may not have mentioned that they stated clearly that I'm not complying with R 76 (1) (b) .. will that make U change ur mind about the "refusal" ?
Cansha's advice is still your best shot though.

I don't think anybody can guarantee that your application will not be refused. But if you be proactive and furnish the evidence that you do fulfill the requirements then there is a very good chance that you will prevail.

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
Cansha's advice is still your best shot though.

I don't think anybody can guarantee that your application will not be refused. But if you be proactive and furnish the evidence that you do fulfill the requirements then there is a very good chance that you will prevail.
I don't ask @cansha for a guarantee.. he just offers what he thinks to be highly likely through his experiences with people here in these forums,
and I'll definitely be proactive ,um not looking for a reason not to be.. just looking for some support and peace throughout my proactivity, and that thing @cansha can do.. thnx for ur advice, appreciate it

bkhan88

Jan 25, 2018
How many people here are for June AOR anyways who are still waiting for the final decision? specially those who had review required for one kind or the other ?
or is it only those in July who are still waiting for theirs ?

Reactions: Y@$h

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I don't ask @cansha for a guarantee.. he just offers what he thinks to be highly likely through his experiences with people here in these forums,
and I'll definitely be proactive ,um not looking for a reason not to be.. just looking for some support and peace throughout my proactivity, and that thing @cansha can do.. thnx for ur advice, appreciate it
I think you are a little worried and want to completely clear your doubt you won't get refusal or it's at the back of your mind that you will get a refusal. As long as you submit documents proactively with missing parts they are looking for , you should be fine But nothing is 100% of course. And it's not 100% for others who submitted everything correctly.
I had the same nagging feeling specially after 6 months so its totally normal to doubt

Reactions: M_A and cansha

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
That is basically the provision which says you need to have enough settlement funds. Once the analyst decided you don't have enough funds in his opinion you were not fulfilling the clause which is fair. Now, given what you told us and you have enough funds a senior visa officer may use his discretion and just approve your case and in case he is not he will issue you a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) and give you another opportunity to prove you have enough funds.

If this was the case that they had problem with your NOC then it would have been different as from the cases I have seen on forum they are not very consistent on handling those. In some cases they approve the files without ADR, in some cases they send ADR / PFL and in some cases just refuse the application.

Their handling of funds issue, however, is largely consistent. I don't think they ever refuse an application for funds issue without issuing a PFL. But again this is based on what has been posted on forum and there is a probability that they may do so. But, then there is always a probability that a meteor will hit earth and wipe everything off. Just like that example I would in all fairness say it is highly unlikely and improbable. So, just rest easy for now and raise a CSE with updated documentation.

vsk.dal

Feb 9, 2019
United Stated
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08/31/2018
AOR Received.
08/31/2018
Hi all,
My AOR is AUG 31st and will be hitting 6 month mark this month end. My application is in Montreal and upon speaking to a representative I got to know my eligibility is met / passed, security and criminality are yet to start (portal shows IP1 status). I am current resident of USA, however I am planning to move back to my home country India by this month end. I am concerned if this will have any issue on my application and delay I reprt a change of address. If any one has faced a similar issue please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,
My AOR is AUG 31st and will be hitting 6 month mark this month end. My application is in Montreal and upon speaking to a representative I got to know my eligibility is met / passed, security and criminality are yet to start (portal shows IP1 status). I am current resident of USA, however I am planning to move back to my home country India by this month end. I am concerned if this will have any issue on my application and delay I reprt a change of address. If any one has faced a similar issue please share your experience. Thanks in advance.
It won't have any impact

Reactions: vsk.dal

Canjan18

Jan 12, 2019
Hi all,
As @cansha said it won't have any impact as I also applied from USA and had to move to India one month back. I just raised cse to update the address and contact number and I followed up with a call after three weeks whether it was updated.

Reactions: Axwell and vsk.dal

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
That is basically the provision which says you need to have enough settlement funds. Once the analyst decided you don't have enough funds in his opinion you were not fulfilling the clause which is fair. Now, given what you told us and you have enough funds a senior visa officer may use his discretion and just approve your case and in case he is not he will issue you a Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) and give you another opportunity to prove you have enough funds.

If this was the case that they had problem with your NOC then it would have been different as from the cases I have seen on forum they are not very consistent on handling those. In some cases they approve the files without ADR, in some cases they send ADR / PFL and in some cases just refuse the application.

Their handling of funds issue, however, is largely consistent. I don't think they ever refuse an application for funds issue without issuing a PFL. But again this is based on what has been posted on forum and there is a probability that they may do so. But, then there is always a probability that a meteor will hit earth and wipe everything off. Just like that example I would in all fairness say it is highly unlikely and improbable. So, just rest easy for now and raise a CSE with updated documentation.
U rock @cansha

Reactions: cansha

M_A

Oct 1, 2018
Outland
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
AOR Received.
July 30,2018
Med's Done....
August 21,2018
I think you are a little worried and want to completely clear your doubt you won't get refusal or it's at the back of your mind that you will get a refusal. As long as you submit documents proactively with missing parts they are looking for , you should be fine But nothing is 100% of course. And it's not 100% for others who submitted everything correctly.
I had the same nagging feeling specially after 6 months so its totally normal to doubt
thanks Mav.

fawzy01

Jan 7, 2019
Hi all,
I recently found out the my application for PR is at Local Offica in Montreal. Now I've heard about Montreal being very slow and people said to not expect anything before 6 months!
has any of you in here got PR before the 6 months are over?