+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MoM (Intl Fin/Acctg) from Uni of Windsor OR MBA from Vancouver Island Uni?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
My profile:

-25 yrs
-B.Com. (Fin/Acctg) 3 yrs
-M.Com. (Mgmt) 2 yrs *distance education*
-Work exp: part-time Accounting Assistant 2008 to now

Should I go for:

Master of Management (Intl. Fin/Acctg) from UoWindsor (Odette school of business)
OR
MBA from Vancouver Island University?

Both cost $30k (pretty expensive) but don't require GMAT. Also, most importantly, I'm scared of visa rejection from doing a "second" Masters so therefore MBA might be better but then again the MBA is not that good from VIU plus the Masters is more apt to my exp... so which one should I choose???

PLEASE SUGGEST WHICH ONE AND WHY?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Windsor is also lame..and the area has nothing much there ... thats wat i got the feedback from experts.

You should go for GMAT and then apply but then Cost would be more..

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
mayank_6 said:
Windsor is also lame..and the area has nothing much there ... thats wat i got the feedback from experts.

You should go for GMAT and then apply but then Cost would be more..
But that means I have to wait for Sept 2014?

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
As per my understanding, Pursuing MBA with GMAT would always give u a required edge....but its not like that Students do not go to VIU for MBA .

Search on this forum to get more clear picture

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
mayank_6 said:
As per my understanding, Pursuing MBA with GMAT would always give u a required edge....but its not like that Students do not go to VIU for MBA .

Search on this forum to get more clear picture
Ok so if I want to go in Sept 2013 itself, what should I do? :p

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
3 options what I can see here -

Royal Roads university - Master of Global Business Management

VIU - MBA ( There are a couple of Univ as well which don't require GMAT. Please check ! )

Windsor - MoM

First of all , you can decide yourself that do You want to pursue Master or MBA . As you have some relevant exp, you can better decide which one suits your profile ? What you think ?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
mayank_6 said:
3 options what I can see here -

Royal Roads university - Master of Global Business Management

VIU - MBA ( There are a couple of Univ as well which don't require GMAT. Please check ! )

Windsor - MoM

First of all , you can decide yourself that do You want to pursue Master or MBA . As you have some relevant exp, you can better decide which one suits your profile ? What you think ?
I am not sure... that's why I need expert advice... Will look into RRU thanks..

If I'm paying so much and doing a Masters, I might as well do an MBA at the same cost, right? Looks better on profile?

Jespa

Apr 26, 2013
HI All,

Kindly let me know about the MOM at windsor. I have plans to apply for it but like to know about the quality of education and the job opportunities. I have 4 years experience in IT industry. THanks. waiting for your reply.

Regards
Jespa

tiger007

Champion Member
Jespa said:
HI All,

Kindly let me know about the MOM at windsor. I have plans to apply for it but like to know about the quality of education and the job opportunities. I have 4 years experience in IT industry. THanks. waiting for your reply.

Regards
Jespa
Hi,

This is a program which does not require GMAT, and the admission standards are pretty low/ much easier as compared to the Univ of Windsor- Odette School of Business MBA (which is a reputed MBA program). This course, seems to be catered specifically for international students, who are not qualified to get admission to any of the standard Canadian public university MBA. This course is being heavily advertised/ promoted by the University of Windsor and its's affiliated agents in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc., on the basis of possibility of getting a direct PR (without any job offer) after graduating under the Ontario Master's stream PNP (a marketing gimmick- they of-course fail to mention that it's a pilot program with only 1000 applications accepted every year and there is huge cost associated with this immigration program, where to be even accepted (i.e if your application makes it within top 1000), one has to show 11,086$ in past 6 months bank statement) and is horribly expensive for a course, which I feel gives no assurance of any quality placement. Entry requirements to this degree is a cakewalk, where a forum member with a part-time M.Com from India, was offered direct admission !!! This course, on a closer look, seems is no different from VIU MBA or other low standard namesake Master degrees, which are nothing but a great source to make tons of money by the universities, by admitting as many international students they can.
That being said... there is no set rule either, that an international student is bound to fail/i.e not get skilled professional job after this course... .as in really, at the end... it all depends on individual capabilities and circumstances, skills, academic performance, networking abilities & communication skills etc... I'm not an actual student in this program, nor have met anyone actually pursuing this program, and hence this is totally my personal point of view towards this particular Master degree. Other's who are confident about their skills and networking abilities, may find this course a very good way to jump-start their career in Canada.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
tiger007 said:
Hi,

This is a program which does not require GMAT, and the admission standards are pretty low/ much easier as compared to the Univ of Windsor- Odette School of Business MBA (which is a reputed MBA program). This course, seems to be catered specifically for international students, who are not qualified to get admission to any of the standard Canadian public university MBA. This course is being heavily advertised/ promoted by the University of Windsor and its's affiliated agents in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nigeria etc., on the basis of possibility of getting a direct PR (without any job offer) after graduating under the Ontario Master's stream PNP (a marketing gimmick- they of-course fail to mention that it's a pilot program with only 1000 applications accepted every year and there is huge cost associated with this immigration program, where to be even accepted (i.e if your application makes it within top 1000), one has to show 11,086$ in past 6 months bank statement) and is horribly expensive for a course, which I feel gives no assurance of any quality placement. Entry requirements to this degree is a cakewalk, where a forum member with a part-time M.Com from India, was offered direct admission !!! This course, on a closer look, seems is no different from VIU MBA or other low standard namesake Master degrees, which are nothing but a great source to make tons of money by the universities, by admitting as many international students they can.
That being said... there is no set rule either, that an international student is bound to fail/i.e not get skilled professional job after this course... .as in really, at the end... it all depends on individual capabilities and circumstances, skills, academic performance, networking abilities & communication skills etc... I'm not an actual student in this program, nor have met anyone actually pursuing this program, and hence this is totally my personal point of view towards this particular Master degree. Other's who are confident about their skills and networking abilities, may find this course a very good way to jump-start their career in Canada.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
Your answer depends on ur motive .... Is that education or pr?

Without gmat, there are more mba, unb, unbc these are better than viu ...

Gor pr, windsor is better ...

But unb will give u 3 yr work permit ...

tiger007

Champion Member
tomsware said:
Gor pr, windsor is better ...
Hi,

Not true.
After passing out from any of Univ. of Windsor Master's degree, one will have to compete to find a skilled job, like any Master's graduate of other universities. And if one, is assuming that it's a cakewalk... to get nominated under Ontario master's stream PNP... then think again! With only 1000 applications being accepted every year on first come first serve basis(considering there are more than 20 universities, offering numerous master degrees... the number of Master degree holders passing out from Ontario's one of many universities, is much more than 1000 (plus previous year's backlogs) and hence will be quiet difficult to secure a seat) and also there is huge cost associated with this immigration program, where to be even accepted (i.e if your application makes it within top 1000), one has to show 11,086$ in past 6 month's bank statement.. which is an extra expense, apart from the tuition fees and living expenses.
(http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify)

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Not true.
After passing out from any of Univ. of Windsor Master's degree, one will have to compete to find a skilled job, like any Master's graduate of other universities. And if one, is assuming that it's a cakewalk... to get nominated under Ontario master's stream PNP... then think again! With only 1000 applications being accepted every year on first come first serve basis(considering there are more than 20 universities, offering numerous master degrees... the number of Master degree holders passing out from Ontario's one of many universities, is much more than 1000 (plus previous year's backlogs) and hence will be quiet difficult to secure a seat) and also there is huge cost associated with this immigration program, where to be even accepted (i.e if your application makes it within top 1000), one has to show 11,086$ in past 6 month's bank statement.. which is an extra expense, apart from the tuition fees and living expenses.
(http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_MASTERSAPPLY.html#_qualify)

well, considering the OPTIONS he has AVAILABLE, still, windsor is better... coz its in ontario... ther other mbas are in new brunswick or british columbia... much less work and less options for pr... ontario has 3, those have 2 ...
again, i am talking about the option AVAILABLE for him on hand..