+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on Schedule A Background Declaration

hannafer31

Feb 28, 2015
I submitted my application Feb 17, 2015 and got no reply yet from CIC.

Regarding question 6d: "been refused of.. visa, to Canada or any other country?' I've been refused a tourist US visa last January 2015.

I did not mean to answer this questions wrong or falsely, but at the time I did not think that the "any other country" was listed in question 6d, that is why I originally answered no to the question.

Please advise me what the best thing to do.... :-[

VISA02

Oct 15, 2014
You have to correct that ASAP! Contact a lawyer cause they might deny your application cause you lied and will be banned from Canada for 5 years.

hannafer31

Feb 28, 2015
VISA02 said:
You have to correct that ASAP! Contact a lawyer cause they might deny your application cause you lied and will be banned from Canada for 5 years.
So, I have to send a new Schedule A background Declaration form and a letter?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Which VO did you select? Once you get your file number, send an updated form and mention why you are sending it to the VO...agree and apologize for your mistake....and ask the form to be updated...

no point going to the lawyer yet..CIC has not sent you a notice...

hannafer31

Feb 28, 2015
dbss said:
Which VO did you select? Once you get your file number, send an updated form and mention why you are sending it to the VO...agree and apologize for your mistake....and ask the form to be updated...

no point going to the lawyer yet..CIC has not sent you a notice...
I submitted in Sydney. So, for now... I will just wait for the response from CIC or wait for my file no.?
Did you know in any chance same with my case?