+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake on imm5406, and imm5669

sammyishere

Dec 5, 2023
I applied for a spouse sponsorship overseas on December 01, 2023; after submitting my application to the online PR portal, I downloaded it and realized I made two stupid mistakes on two forms.
The first one is that I forgot to enter my father's place of birth in imm5406 and left it blank; the second one is in imm5669; I forgot to type "None " in military service. I do have a UCI number from my previous application. Should I send the Webform and explain all these mistakes before they open my application? In the imm5533 form, I mentioned I did not serve military service, and in imm5669, I entered my father's place of birth correctly; the officer will look at those and issue AOR or return my application as incomplete.
I appreciate your help on this matter.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I applied for a spouse sponsorship overseas on December 01, 2023; after submitting my application to the online PR portal, I downloaded it and realized I made two stupid mistakes on two forms.
The first one is that I forgot to enter my father's place of birth in imm5406 and left it blank; the second one is in imm5669; I forgot to type "None " in military service. I do have a UCI number from my previous application. Should I send the Webform and explain all these mistakes before they open my application? In the imm5533 form, I mentioned I did not serve military service, and in imm5669, I entered my father's place of birth correctly; the officer will look at those and issue AOR or return my application as incomplete.
The officer more likely return your application, I would suggest wait for them to return the application, when they return the application they also send the letter, once you get the letter read it carefully and correct the mistakes and then resubmit!

Mar 16, 2012
India
Category........
You don't need to worry about these small things, as they are just "clerical" mistakes and does not misrepresent your application. I have seen spelling mistakes in names and yet IRCC rectifies it. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: sammyishere

sammyishere

Dec 5, 2023
You don't need to worry about these small things, as they are just "clerical" mistakes and does not misrepresent your application. I have seen spelling mistakes in names and yet IRCC rectifies it. Nothing to worry about.
I am worried about IRCC returning my application, which I will have to resubmit again and wait another 2,3 months; I understand for sure it can not be misrepresented.
Thank you

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
I am worried about IRCC returning my application, which I will have to resubmit again and wait another 2,3 months; I understand for sure it can not be misrepresented.
Thank you
Standard processing time is now 12 months based on today, that will start once you resubmit the application the time period between the date you submitted and the date they return your application will not be considered!

Reactions: sammyishere

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I made an error on 5406 as well after submitting. I called IRCC and got a temp file number and submitted a webform with corrected PDF versions of the documents. Got the email that the documents were added to the file as well. You also need to include a LOE explaining your errors. Call IRCC asap and get a temp file number and submit webform with the necessary documents.

sammyishere

Dec 5, 2023
I made an error on 5406 as well after submitting. I called IRCC and got a temp file number and submitted a webform with corrected PDF versions of the documents. Got the email that the documents were added to the file as well. You also need to include a LOE explaining your errors. Call IRCC asap and get a temp file number and submit webform with the necessary documents.
Thank you

starrrr

Jun 1, 2024
Just wondering how did you proceed with the error? I just submitted the app and noticed that I’ve made the same mistake-did not type None in the military section…

Joey-Jo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2024
I didn't write anything in the Military bit on Form IMM5669 either (although was convinced I HAD typed "None") but it was accepted (ie, application not sent back), so I wouldn't worry too much about that bit. There seems to be something about that particular section that might be glitched online, I don't know really.

sammyishere

Dec 5, 2023
Just wondering how did you proceed with the error? I just submitted the app and noticed that I’ve made the same mistake-did not type None in the military section…
I sent webform for the IMM5406 and did not mention the IMM5669, I got the AOR in January and they did not return my application.