+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake made on imm5710e application, What should I do?

Deilara

Jul 25, 2020
Hey guys I'm having a problem right now.

I just uploaded all the material needed, paid, and submitted everything for the co-op work permit.

However, I just found that below the session "coming to Canada" at the question: date and place of your most recent entry to Canada (if not the same as an original entry)

I typed the wrong city name, it supposes to be Vancouver but I typed Toronto.

Many thoughts came up to my mind but idk which one should be the right one. I hope anyone who sees this can give me some ideas.

My ideas are:

Withdraw the application ASAP since I just submitted it.

Send CIC an email with an explanation with support material. but what material should I send with the email? Which exact email address should I send to? Will they help me correct the mistake once they receive my email?

Leave this application and apply for a new one (I know this sounds stupid but I really don't know what action is the right one to take)

Call CIC center and ask for help ( I have no idea what kind of help will they offer especially during COVID time)

That's most of the things I could think of because this crushed me a bit.

I really appreciate it if you can help. I believe many ppl as international students had or are having similar problems. The pressure of being an individual in another country certainly hurts a bit even Canada is a good place.

Thank you.

Deilara

Jul 25, 2020
I am in the same boat, how did you resolve this problem?
hey!

If it's not some very important information, honestly i don't think they'll notice. Many of my friends said as long as the wrong information is not that deadly then it's fine.

However, go to their official website and tell them what is wrong by filling the webform and submit it. If they find out some part of your application is wrong, They'll check your enquiry (which is the webform thing you fill). If they don't feel anything wrong then they won't even bother you.

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
I have made some major mistakes, that is making me so stressed, I think I should inform them anyway. Thank you so much for replying.

Deilara

Jul 25, 2020
I have made some major mistakes, that is making me so stressed, I think I should inform them anyway. Thank you so much for replying.
Don't let them think you are cheating or lying. They'll check your profile and do a comparison with your application. If they find anything wrong they'll check if you try to inform them and that's where your inquiry works. It's a long process and it's torturing I know how you feel good luck mate.

dia123

Star Member
May 9, 2020
hey Deilara, just wanted to inform you that I got my WP today, I have raised a webform and it worked well. Thank you for your response,

RARARUIN

Oct 21, 2019
I have a question please help me on my form I notice that I clicked yes on the question if you have provincial nomination but it should be no what shoukd I do

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
I have made mistake in my 5710E form for extension of work permit. I have submitted the application with wrong LMIA exempt number in 5710e and in offer letter. Do I need to withdraw my application and submit new application ? Is it possible to correct this info using webform and share updated 5710e and offer letter

Jun 8, 2024
Hi all. In my imm5710e form, I made a little error in my residential address. I put the wrong province but the other information is correct. do i need to submit a webform ?