+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mistake in Bank draft by Bank - URGENT

thai

Sep 7, 2010
Hi,

NEED URGENT HELP...from all experts.

I sent my application yesterday under FSW, everything was ok till i received a call from my bank this morning telling me that there was an error in the draft issued by them. A wrong person signed the draft and it will be rejected once presented in Canada.

I checked DHL website, my package is still enroute and will reach NS on 9th. I think i have 2 options....please advise if there are more.

a) Wait for CIC to process and find out that the draft does not work when they send for cashing...may reject the application at that stage.

b) Ask DHL to hold the first package and send a fresh draft from here...then ask DHL to deliver both packets together to CIC...not sure if this helps and how DHL can ensure CIC opens them together.

Please advice what i should do. Can i call someone to check. With this cap system, not sure if i wait too long will it be too late for this year.

Please help.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Temasek said:
DHL has a package recall facility. Activate it now. They will return your application undelivered. Upon its receipt, you can re-sent your application with the correct bank draft. At most you would lose 1 week.

Good luck.
Agreed, otherwise you will have to wait potentially many weeks for CIC to try to cash the draft, fail and return it to you. Could even take months.

If you can get the package back then resend it this would be the best option.

Wayne.

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
This is what exactly happened to me about a week ago.

DHL is very in bringing your package back.

I would advise you to cancel the old DD from your back, get a net one, fill out new payment form, attach a DD and an explanation letter.

Simply mail this new package; it will be your best option.

CIO will be able to update your payment info.

thai

Sep 7, 2010
Thanks Maani,

Has CIO received your package. How are you certain they will be able to club the packages.

I just spoke to DHL, they are saying it will take 1 week to get the package back. But are also promising to hold the first package and deliver it together with the second one...with the new DD.

To me this looks the best option....send a new DD and have DHL deliver them together, maybe taped together.

What do you think.

Any other experts.....

Maani1985 said:
This is what exactly happened to me about a week ago.

DHL is very in bringing your package back.

I would advise you to cancel the old DD from your back, get a net one, fill out new payment form, attach a DD and an explanation letter.

Simply mail this new package; it will be your best option.

CIO will be able to update your payment info.

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
DHL always promise this, but as per my experience, they are worse when it comes to communication between departments within DHL. You will probably get calls from many different DHL people, and they will ask:

1 caller: do you want to stop this package.
2 caller: your package is already out for delivery.
3 caller: It's in transit, we don't think we can stop it, chances are minimum.
4 caller: We stoped you package, we are ready to send it back.
You: I want you to hold it there, unless you get my 2nd package.
5 caller: Did you say you want to stop this package.
6. When did you tell us that you are sending another package.

your packages are out for delivery
you: both togather

i think So.

thai

Sep 7, 2010
Maani,

Thanks.

Can you help share the explanation letter....want to make sure i provide enough for them to identify with my original application.

Appreciate it

Maani1985

Sep 3, 2010
September 7, 2010
Citizenship & immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Office
Attn.: SW 1 – NOC # _ _ _ _
196 George Street
Sydney, NS B1P 1J3
Canada

Dear Sir/Madam,

Request to replace demand draft on My File

I am writing this to notify that on DATE I sent immigration application under Federal Skilled Worker, NOC # ____ with all supporting documents through DHL.

I was told by my bank that there was a mistake in the demand draft I sent with my application; hence, CIO won’t be able to cash it. Enclosed is the new Form IMM 5620 with new demand draft, I request you to replace my old demand draft with this new one. I affirm that this mistake is caused by my bank and I have no personal attention in this matter. Your help and cooperation in this matter will be highly appreciated. If you have any question, please call me at __________ or email:

Details of my original package are as follow:

Category: Federal Skilled Worker, NOC # _____
Primary Applicant Name:
Address:
Sent on:
Received by CIO:
DHL Tracking Number:

Sincerely,

Name of the applicant

Encl: Form IMM 5620

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
May we know the name of that bank?
They should be banned in Banking.