+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mississauga Timeline

TA

Sep 20, 2010
I had been reading this forum for last few months to keep myself updated. In return I am providing the timeline for my citizenship application. It was as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 18, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on May 18, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on April 18, 2010. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on June 4, 2010 to (My home address) to appear and write the citizenship test on July 5, 2010 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 26, 2010 to (My home address) to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 14, 2010 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

You became a Canadian citizen on September 14, 2010.

TA

Sep 20, 2010
From what I understand, 16 months is the routine time in Mississauga. I am not sure about other regions.

TOTORO

Mar 3, 2011
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 27, 2009.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on November 27, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on September 30, 2010.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga CIC office on November 8, 2010. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Mississauga CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on December 23, 2010 to ******to appear and write the citizenship test on January 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 2, 2011 to ****** to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.