+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missing Supporting Document

tav999

Apr 5, 2018
Hello,
Is anyone aware of what happens if a supporting document from the checklist is missing? Is the entire application returned or does IRCC provide an opportunity to send in the missing documentation?

Thank you.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello,
Is anyone aware of what happens if a supporting document from the checklist is missing? Is the entire application returned or does IRCC provide an opportunity to send in the missing documentation?

Thank you.
It depends on the officer. Some will send the entire application back and some will provide the opportunity to submit. No way to know.

tav999

Apr 5, 2018
Why aren't you getting the photos done again before you send it?
My grandma lives overseas and according to UPS I was supposed to receive the package everyday (based on email notifications) last week. The application is due this week and we do not have enough time to resend.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
My grandma lives overseas and according to UPS I was supposed to receive the package everyday (based on email notifications) last week. The application is due this week and we do not have enough time to resend.
Sorry, you're really confusing me. If it's the two photos of the applicant, there are many places you can walk in and get them re done on the spot. What do you mean the application is due today? If you intentionally send an incomplete package you risk losing months of time if they send it back.

tav999

Apr 5, 2018
We are sponsoring my grandma, the principal applicant, who lives overseas. We need to include two photos of her in the application. The sponsorship application is due Friday, we will not have enough time to redo the photos and send them from her country of residence to Canada without missing the sponsorship application deadline.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We are sponsoring my grandma, the principal applicant, who lives overseas. We need to include two photos of her in the application. The sponsorship application is due Friday, we will not have enough time to redo the photos and send them from her country of residence to Canada without missing the sponsorship application deadline.
Ah I see, I got it. It probably wouldn't hurt to include a letter but it probably won't have much bearing on the outcome. Either they will send it back or give you the chance to submit.

tav999

Apr 5, 2018
Ah I see, I got it. It probably wouldn't hurt to include a letter but it probably won't have much bearing on the outcome. Either they will send it back or give you the chance to submit.
Thank you for the quick responses and input.