+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed to include Applicant checklist! Please advise!

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
I have just realized that I only included the Sponsor's checklist and not the Applicant's checklist with my application package. I have been beating myself up for it and I really need your advice. I sent in my application last week and CPC-Mississauga received it on Tuesday, June 9th.

I am thinking of sending the checklist now with the tracking number of the original package and Sponsor's and applicant's information on a cover letter.

Please advise (I am really panicking) if I should do this or wait for them to send my application back. I do not want to waste another 2 months.

Thanks

kerryannbailey

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/11/2014
File Transfer...
/SA: 26/11/2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29/09/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
21/07/2015
LANDED..........
10/08/2015
They will either send the entire application back to you as incomplete or they will request the missing document when they start working on your application. If you try to send it now without SA and UCI / application # they wouldn't know what to do with it or where to attatch it short of digging through the mountainous pile of apps they got to find yours and open it prematurely to put it in. I don't think they do that. So I think you'll just have to wait a little bit. Maybe You can call CIC and see what they say. Maybe senior members will advise differently.

harpreet470

Jul 3, 2012
App. Filed.......
08-04-2020
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2014
LANDED..........
14-12-2014
Hello Isookvi

There should only be Sponsor checklist as you can see under Sponsor forms.. here is the link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

what applicant's checklist are you talking about

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
harpreet470 said:
There should only be Sponsor checklist as you can see under Sponsor forms.. here is the link

There is both a sponsor and an applicant checklist. Have a look at Part 3 on that page.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
Is there both an applicant and sponsor checklist for both inland and outland applications?

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
harpreet470 said:
Hello Isookvi

On this link, take a look at part 3.
The country specific is the applicant's checklist.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
harpreet470 said:
Hello Isookvi

Scroll all the way down. It's in Part Three - Country Specific Guidelines. You pick your region, fill out, complete, and attach the checklist, check the interview box, fill out the additional questions (if applicable), etc.. etc....

The instructions for applicants are different for each country/region. Just as an example, the US requires 4 photos while the UK requires 8.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
I agree with the other posters. You could attempt to send it in now, but it might not be successful. Although, there is no harm in trying! SA is taking 55 days right now so you will know sooner than later. Once/if you get SA, you can also send it in then.

Personally I would fill it out and make two copies - sending one now, and sending one when you get SA (if they don't send it back), with a cover letter explaining you forgot to include it with your original application, your names, country of origin, birthday, address, etc.

Pink123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5,2015
AOR Received.
July 11,2015
File Transfer...
August 6,2015
Thanks for this topic.

I also have the same dilemma. I forgot to include the AppendixA (document checklist) and the ID pictures of the PR applicant. There's no one to blame but me. :(

My question is, will they still process my application to sponsor and they will just ask for these missing documents once they start the PR application of my husband? (It will be processed and forwarded in Manila Visa Office)

Or

They will not process anything and they will mail our applications back and we will start from scratch again?

I'm not sure what to do because i don't have any file number yet since i just mailed our application last June 3rd.

DanSlh

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015 AOR2............: 15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
Pink123 said:
Thanks for this topic.

I also have the same dilemma. I forgot to include the AppendixA (document checklist) and the ID pictures of the PR applicant. There's no one to blame but me. :(

My question is, will they still process my application to sponsor and they will just ask for these missing documents once they start the PR application of my husband? (It will be processed and forwarded in Manila Visa Office)

Or

They will not process anything and they will mail our applications back and we will start from scratch again?

I'm not sure what to do because i don't have any file number yet since i just mailed our application last June 3rd.
No one is able to answer for sure.
They can simply return your application OR ask for the missing form.
It depends on the officer who'll handle the case.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Pink123 said:
Thanks for this topic.

Or

It could go either way.

Why not send it now w/ a cover letter, and hope they attach it?

Then if it gets transferred to Manila, you can send your second copy of missing documents and the cover letter, just to be sure. Or if it gets denied, you'll have the second copy to attach and re-send with the whole application.

Pink123

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5,2015
AOR Received.
July 11,2015
File Transfer...
August 6,2015
Amalthea said:
It could go either way.

Why not send it now w/ a cover letter, and hope they attach it?

Then if it gets transferred to Manila, you can send your second copy of missing documents and the cover letter, just to be sure. Or if it gets denied, you'll have the second copy to attach and re-send with the whole application.
Thanks Amalthea!

We'll try that. Hopefully everything will go well.. :)

calashish

Apr 1, 2017
Hi,

I also forgot to add Document checklist as cover letter to my PR application. just wondering what happen in your case @isookvi.

mommamia

May 28, 2019
Thanks for this topic.

Or

May I ask for an update on this situation? I realized that I forgot to attach ID picture of my mother for her PR application and I don't know what to do :(