+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed Origional Passport Request deadline, what should I do

jeffreydhy

Jun 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I have submitted my visitor visa on March 20th and received the OPR on March 29th. It reads that I have to submit my passport to LA office within 30 days but I was sick at the time so I didn't response back within the time frame. Now I want to resume my application, I was wondering what should I do now?

1. Should I re-fill a new application?
2. Should I just send the passport regardless. If that's the case, when I submitted my application, I submitted my itinerary (A hotel booking confirmation). Now that day has passed, don't they need a new itinerary?

Thanks for your kind help!

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Hi guys,

I have submitted my visitor visa on March 20th and received the OPR on March 29th. It reads that I have to submit my passport to LA office within 30 days but I was sick at the time so I didn't response back within the time frame. Now I want to resume my application, I was wondering what should I do now?

2. Should I just send the passport regardless. If that's the case, when I submitted my application, I submitted my itinerary (A hotel booking confirmation). Now that day has passed, don't they need a new itinerary?

Thanks for your kind help!
I would think that after 30 day period if they don't receive the passports they would just cancel the application (without impacting any future considerations). I am not sure if this is true, I haven't seen anyone who had missed this period to respond back to CIC requests.
You might have to start new application with new itinerary and explain the reason why you were not able to submit your passports when they requested.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You could email the visa office to request passport submission. Unlikely they would accept it after a delay of nearly 60 days. Generally, a file will be closed/refused after the 30 days time limit.

Don't send your passport without confirming first from the visa office.

For a new application: Completely new documents