+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

missed deadline for state police certificates to NY

PhobMX

Aug 9, 2011
Hi

I got a request to send state police certificates from Mexico (My home country) on Dec6th... I got the letter on Dec 14th which was too late because the police instances that handle this in Mexico were closed from Dec 17th to Jan 2nd. I went home and left my fingerprints with my dad to apply for the state police certificate. I made 3 big mistakes:

- I misread the letter and instead of telling my dad to send the state police certificate to the NY embassy which processes my case, I told him to send it along with photos and fingerprints to Canada Embassy in Mexico to process the Federal certificates
- I didn't write a letter with the case number, just pasted a sticker to the documents
- Forgot to tell my dad to include a copy of my passport.

So I just got all my documents to my canadian address today, along with a letter detailing I missed the 2 later items. Now 69 days have passed and I was supposed to send the state certificate directly to the embassy within 60 or "my case would be assessed with the information on file", which is not encouraging... Should I freak out? or just play stupid and send state documents to NY and the documents for the Federal certificate again? I paniqed and sent an email to the consulate explain it the situation.

Hopefully I didn't make it worse...

I've been waiting since Dec 2009... although I work temporarily and have a WP valid for 2 more years I hope I didn't waste over 2 years and almost $1500 in costs :(

Please tell me it will be okay :(