+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Missed 5556 owp checklist for inland spousal sponsorship

Joyh

Dec 5, 2019
I have been searching for the answer but have found no solid answers for this question. A lot of people included it for safe, but my wife told me that she checked the instructions and it’s not needed because it will be processed at the same place. Anyone here who did not submit 5556 and still get owp?
Thanks

Rebecca0500

May 26, 2021
Hi,

I haven't sent off my husband's inland application yet, so this is just my take on your situation from what I've read and prepped so far.

At the top of 5556 it states that "this document is one of the forms that you need to submit with your application." Have you already sent your application? I would see if there's someone you can call to get a definite answer. If not, in that situation I would personally print off another application and resend it just to be safe, as it states in the checklist that any missed documents will result in your application being returned to you.

If anyone else has some info it could definitely be helpful to get another perspective on this. Best of luck to you!

Joyh

Dec 5, 2019
Thanks, so you think I should send them just the 5556 or the whole owp application? Or even including all other forms in the inland spousal sponsorship?

Rebecca0500

May 26, 2021
Hmm I wouldn't resend your whole application, I would resend the whole owp application if possible just to keep everything together. Might be a good idea to see if there's a number you can call to double check, but I hope that helps!