+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

misrepresentation on old application

sting234

Nov 1, 2018
hello, I think there are many experts in this form who already answered many questions to people. This would be the toughest question one can ever answer. I am looking for the answer.

ENF 2/OP 18 Evaluating Inadmissibility - CIC Manual https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf
10.7 At visa offices and ports of entry An application for a visa abroad, or for entry into Canada at a port of entry may be denied based on a misrepresentation made in connection with the current application or examination only, unless the person was previously the subject of a refusal for misrepresentation and the resulting two-year inadmissibility period has not elapsed.

the above part is from the CIC manual which stated that "officer at abroad should only find misrepresentation on an application which is current one, not based on the previous applications"

In my case I lied on my student visa 3 years back and they rejected my visa. reason for rejection is ties to my country. they did not find my lie. Now, at this point i want to apply for PR so in this application i want to be truth and also i want to say to VO that lied in my past application but in this I am true.

what would be the result of my application? is VO gonna give me 5 years bar for lying on my old application or else is he gonna grant me visa as he dont have right to reject based on past application which is mentioned in CIC manual.

This answer help lot of people who are in worry so that people will not lie in future applications to make up story of the old application.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
It's not complicated at all my friend.

You were not refused for misrepresentation, but just for lack of ties to home country, which is a quite common reason for refusal.
Anyway, whatever you say, they will interrogate their databases and GCMS to check all your previous history with them, and they'll see the reason.

In which case, why would you tell PR visa officer that you misrepresented ?... It's not a confessional...

It's simple, apply for PR, and you'll have to answer "YES" to the statutory question "Have you ever been refused a visa before", and you'll have the possibility to explain that you simply didn't have enough proof of strong ties to home country in your previous visa application.

But do know you were very lucky. Best thing you can do now, is be thankful you weren't caught, and never lie again on any visa application.

Reactions: Awel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi!

I have a question related to this.

I did lie in my student application when I first came to Canada, I lied in my husband's application as well. We both said that we were working full time in our countries, when in reality we were in the USA. we even presented letters from friends in our country to show that we were working at that time. I got my study permit and my husband his open work permit. At that time we applied on paper in the local office VFS on paper, but when we renewed our permits last year, in our applications those jobs are still showing.
Now we have been blessed with an ITA and we are trying to figure out what to do. Should we tell the truth? do we need to explain this? how bad could it be if we said the truth, or what if we keep lying?
please help me out, I don't know what to do.
thank you so much!
Probably time to hire an immigration lawyer to help you. Always a bad idea to lie. Has a nasty way of catching up with you later.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Definitely need professional help from an immigration lawyer to know what the repercussions will be.

I don't think continuing to lie will be possible, because Canada and the United States regularly share information, and they will know you were in the U.S when you stated you were in your home country.

So you will most likely need to come clean about it, and write a well-written LOE explaining and apologising for the previous inaccuracies.

What also complicates your application are the false statements in the documents you submitted.

You'll need a immigration lawyer to navigate this.

Reactions: Fayo and scylla
Jul 24, 2022
Any u
hello, I think there are many experts in this form who already answered many questions to people. This would be the toughest question one can ever answer. I am looking for the answer.

ENF 2/OP 18 Evaluating Inadmissibility - CIC Manual https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf
10.7 At visa offices and ports of entry An application for a visa abroad, or for entry into Canada at a port of entry may be denied based on a misrepresentation made in connection with the current application or examination only, unless the person was previously the subject of a refusal for misrepresentation and the resulting two-year inadmissibility period has not elapsed.

the above part is from the CIC manual which stated that "officer at abroad should only find misrepresentation on an application which is current one, not based on the previous applications"

In my case I lied on my student visa 3 years back and they rejected my visa. reason for rejection is ties to my country. they did not find my lie. Now, at this point i want to apply for PR so in this application i want to be truth and also i want to say to VO that lied in my past application but in this I am true.

what would be the result of my application? is VO gonna give me 5 years bar for lying on my old application or else is he gonna grant me visa as he dont have right to reject based on past application which is mentioned in CIC manual.

This answer help lot of people who are in worry so that people will not lie in future applications to make up story of the old application.
Any update in your case?