+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misleading Profile declaration after obtaining ITA

mikebc

Mar 20, 2023
Hi Everyone,

Here is my case. I created my profile in Nov 2022 with my spouse started working in Feb 2022 Teer 3. CRS at Nov 2022 was 451 which was correct. She stopped that job in Dec 2022 and start a new job Teer 4 in Feb 2023. In Feb 2023 I received a LMIA 50 points. I forgot to update my spouse’s working and the system automatic update it to 506, while it should be 501. 5 point for her 01 year Canada experience should not be added. In Mar 2023, I receive an ITA.

I do not know what to do now.

Should I decline the existing ITA and correct the profile and wait again?

Should I contact CIC via webform to inform them?

Should I continue to submit documents with an explanation letter?

Thank you for your advices. I am so worry, disappointed and hopeless.

mikebc

Mar 20, 2023
If this quote is correct, I may submit. Your thoughts?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

"
At the time of the e-APR, processing officers should compare both CRS scores to determine which of the following scenarios should be applied:

• If the applicant’s CRS score at the time of the e-APR is equal to or higher than the lowest-ranked score in the round of invitations, the application will not be refused under section A11.2, as long as the applicant’s supporting documentation corroborates their claims and they continue to meet the MEC for Express Entry, including the requirements of the program to which they were invited to apply.
"

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi Everyone,

Here is my case. I created my profile in Nov 2022 with my spouse started working in Feb 2022 Teer 3. CRS at Nov 2022 was 451 which was correct. She stopped that job in Dec 2022 and start a new job Teer 4 in Feb 2023. In Feb 2023 I received a LMIA 50 points. I forgot to update my spouse’s working and the system automatic update it to 506, while it should be 501. 5 point for her 01 year Canada experience should not be added. In Mar 2023, I receive an ITA.

I do not know what to do now.

Should I decline the existing ITA and correct the profile and wait again?

Should I contact CIC via webform to inform them?

Should I continue to submit documents with an explanation letter?

Thank you for your advices. I am so worry, disappointed and hopeless.
CRS cut off was 490 when you got your ITA. You've 501, you should not decline the ITA. CRS points can change post ITA due to age, IELTS expiry, etc - unless you failed to meet the cut off, you are good :)

My spouse gave their IELTS the day before we got our ITA. The cut off was 490, we were at ~500, but we added our spouse's score while uploading docs. Making our CRS 520+.

If you meet the CRS cut-off, you got nothing to worry about.