+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Misinterpretation: I have concerns that you did not answer truthfully to the following the statutory question on the IMM 1294 Application for Work Per

Thash_91

Nov 7, 2022
Also check if your parents ever applied for a visa for the family when you were a child that was refused.
After checking I fount that there is one refusal dated in 2007 or 2008. Not sure of the exact year so i have written to the embassy to get the details. I was a minor at this point.

Reactions: scylla

Christlaw

Jun 24, 2023
This refers to your Canadian Study Permit application.
I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1)
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before
entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is
satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you do not meet the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
I have additional concerns that you may be inadmissible under subsection 40(1) of IRPA, which
states:
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Specifically, I am concerned that your response of 'No' to the question, 'Have you ever been
refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or
territory?' omits material information regarding the outcome of your previous applications to visit
Canada and/or the USA. As the withholding of this information was liable to induce an error in
the administration of the Act, I am concerned that you may be inadmissible to Canada for
misrepresentation.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you would be inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to
subsection 40(2)(a):
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination.

My answer to this aforementioned is Capital Yes. I never said No, as claimed by the visa offer.
Kindly give me your advice because I was only give 7 days to respond.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1)
of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before
entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is
satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have concerns that you do not meet the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to
them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant
I have additional concerns that you may be inadmissible under subsection 40(1) of IRPA, which
states:
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Specifically, I am concerned that your response of 'No' to the question, 'Have you ever been
refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or
territory?' omits material information regarding the outcome of your previous applications to visit
Canada and/or the USA. As the withholding of this information was liable to induce an error in
the administration of the Act, I am concerned that you may be inadmissible to Canada for
misrepresentation.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your
application, you would be inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to
subsection 40(2)(a):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination.

My answer to this aforementioned is Capital Yes. I never said No, as claimed by the visa offer.
Your post is a bit unclear. If you are saying that you answered "yes" to this question in your application and provided the details of all past refusals, then you should certainly respond with this correction and ask IRCC to review the responses in your application. I assume you applied yourself and without the help of an agent.

Thash_91

Nov 7, 2022
states:
misrepresentation.
subsection 40(2)(a):

check your application. Check if you have said yes or no. If it says yes and your refusals are mentioned use that as proof and write your reply letter backed with evidence.
You can also get a lawyer to do this.

okha174

Jun 28, 2023
Update: wrote the response letter by myself got an affidavit done.
got my PPR after 3 weeks.
@Thash_91 please can you advise me on the type of content in the letter and what affidavit contains? I just got the same PFL for clicking NO instead of Yes mistakenly and I have 15 days to respond.

stormblessed26

Apr 8, 2023
check your application. Check if you have said yes or no. If it says yes and your refusals are mentioned use that as proof and write your reply letter backed with evidence.
You can also get a lawyer to do this.
What if you have couple of refusals i.e. USA and Europe. Is it okay to click "yes" and explain only one, say USA?

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
What if you have couple of refusals i.e. USA and Europe. Is it okay to click "yes" and explain only one, say USA?
No, it's not okay to partially hold information. Mention and explain all past refusals.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No. You need to list and explain all of them.

Reactions: nickgrizzly