+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ministrial Instructions for the draw are out

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
Guys, from one draw we can not judge any thing. Who knows CIC wants to clear first LMIA applicants and then want to come down. Trust me getting LMIA is not that easy. I undergone that process and got rejected in 2012. Then I came on ICT. Employer has to show substantial proofs to satisfy CIC saying he cant find a suitable candidate that is the reason why he is hiring the foreign worker. It is very pain on employer part. I am not quoting that getting LMIA is impossible, there are some specific position for which we can get but not for all. Again this is my personal opinion. Seniors can comment on this if I am wrong

Broncos

Star Member
Jan 1, 2015
please understand the real intention of this new system, indirectly conveyed that a job offer n lima are mandatory. pretty sure the max invitations at any time would not be >2500 thru out the year.. no one questions abt the targets , they are just numbers to lure candidates , but the actual fruits are very less unfortunately ! All i can suggest is be practical in thoughts and do not rely on speculations

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeforthebest1 said:
After seeing how Nightrocker is struggling with us in the forum and not doing anything else after he landed years ago. I gave up on Canada. ;D
Guys I don't understand why people's morale are down, negativity and discouragement is prevailing in the forum, well I myself did not received any ITA and I am among one of you, why don't you guys understand that this was the first draw for CIC, and since there was no prior information about the draw, I believe they played safe just to keep their words about the draw in the end of January, and I was actually not expecting ITA in the first draw, infact I personally believe that first few draws will let in the people with Job and PNPs and then we will get some chance, and fair chance as what I believe.

Is there anything which I am missing regarding all this draw thing that I am not much disappointed as you guys are?
There are several other draws to come and lets hope for the best.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
hopeforthebest1 said:
After seeing how Nightrocker is struggling with us in the forum and not doing anything else after he landed years ago. I gave up on Canada. ;D
Excuse me?

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeforthebest1 : Please do not mock/make fun of anyone on this forum. we're here to discuss the best interest of ourselves and most of s( if not you) are in a glitch. Please grow p or atleast act like one.
Nighrocker - I appreciate your efforts, please go onn!!

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Canada is not looking any more for scientists or educated people!
WHY?
BECAUSE simply thinking even though if you have:
10 masters, and 20 phds ,
and average 9 on IELTS, and
3 years experience in Canada, and
10 years experience in other country
you still CANNOT immigrate with the new system since the LMIA is required to achieve +600 points and go the top of the list.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
exp7 said:
WHY?
you still CANNOT immigrate with the new system since the LMIA is required to achieve +600 points and go the top of the list.
I think you still CAN,but it is not happened through initial draws.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
mbakhan said:
Guys I don't understand why people's morale are down, negativity and discouragement is prevailing in the forum, well I myself did not received any ITA and I am among one of you, why don't you guys understand that this was the first draw for CIC, and since there was no prior information about the draw, I believe they played safe just to keep their words about the draw in the end of January, and I was actually not expecting ITA in the first draw, infact I personally believe that first few draws will let in the people with Job and PNPs and then we will get some chance, and fair chance as what I believe.

Is there anything which I am missing regarding all this draw thing that I am not much disappointed as you guys are?
There are several other draws to come and lets hope for the best.
i am hopeless and pesimistic even though my score is over 400.first draw has given us a clue about minimum points.i dont think minimum scores will go down from +800 to around 400.everytime there will be people who have lmia,job offer around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always.i think job offer is mandatory to be selected.

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its just the first draw ladies and gentlemen!
I had a chat with a lawyer friend of mine. hey recently had a one-on-one with the Imigration Minister of Canada and someone asked him a question about International Students.
He said that Although EE gives first preference to LMIA and PNP holders, |The are aware that everyone cannot have them and are anticipating that most of the invitations will be given to the non-holders.

It is just a first draw and a test (production run for them too)! By second or third draw we'll see a trend forming more clearly!

clever

Dec 13, 2014
exp7 said:
WHY?
we have no chance anymore as well educated and experienced applicants unless we have lmia or job offer.extra 600 points so important to be selected.it is impossible to be selected without extra 600 points. :(

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
i am hopeless and pesimistic even though my score is over 400.first draw has given us a clue about minimum points.i dont think minimum scores will go down from +800 to around 400.everytime there will be people who have lmia,job offer around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always.i think job offer is mandory to be selected.
Why don't you do simple mathematics and realize how is it going to be, how many LMIAs were issued last year? do you think every Tom, Dick and Harry are going to get LMIA?....come to PNP, have you seen how many people in all 12 provinces are invited for PNP??

Even if you keep 10,10k applicants for such people, which is really huge trust me, only 20,000 applicants will be drawn, rest of them are going to be the ones without both of these.

Please wait and watch, and keep your hopes high !

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
i am hopeless and pesimistic even though my score is over 400.first draw has given us a clue about minimum points.i dont think minimum scores will go down from +800 to around 400.everytime there will be people who have lmia,job offer around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always.i think job offer is mandory to be selected.
Yes,it's true that everytime there will be people who have lmia around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always and higher points,BUT they are not enough to fill the quota. The cut-off score depends on the number of ITAs which are issued in every draw.
So, the more ITAs they issue,the less scores will be selected.
And also the job offer is not a mandatory. According to CIC,LMIA will give candidates enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
MedZed said:
Yes,it's true that everytime there will be people who have lmia around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always and higher points,BUT they are not enough to fill the quota. The cut-off score depends on the number of ITAs which are issued in every draw.
So, the more ITAs they issue,the less scores will be selected.
And also the job offer is not a mandatory. According to CIC,LMIA will give candidates enough additional points to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw.
do you know how many people get lmia every year?how can we see that?

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
clever said:
do you know how many people get lmia every year?how can we see that?
Around 1200 last year(source: CIC conference call in December).

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....