+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minimum work experience in primary NOC 4012

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
baraac said:
is Express Entry also the same as FSWP ?
Express Entry is an "electronic process" through which you can apply to obtain Canadian PR under "three programs". So Express entry is not a program itself, but a process which could provide you the PR "provided" you are eligible for at least one of the three programs that fall under the Express Entry. FSWP or federal skilled worker is one of its programs. So, first you have to check whether or not you are eligible for one of its programs. If you are, for instance FSWP in your case, only then can you apply. Once you have applied (electronically), then express entry draws would tell whether your score has met the cutoff score or not. If it has, you would get the invitation to apply for PR.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
baraac said:
is Express Entry also the same as FSWP ?
Express Entry is not a new program. It is a new way for CIC (IRCC) to manage the intake of economic immigration applications online.

Express Entry covers three key economic immigration programs:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- the Canadian Experience Class.

Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
A big thanks to all the gurus. Nice explanation.
Next question is what are the opportunities for PhD graduate with experience? how can one get job offer in order to earn the 600 points

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
baraac said:
A big thanks to all the gurus. Nice explanation.
Next question is what are the opportunities for PhD graduate with experience? how can one get job offer in order to earn the 600 points
With regard to the question of getting a job offer, as far as I know and heard is that companies generally do not entertain interviews for overseas candidates as they are not sure about when you would be landing in Canada. So the closest you can get to get an interview call is once you have landed in Canada. You can be only sure of getting a job offer only if your skills and experience is niche and Canadian employers are not able to meet their requirement locally. In this case it would be a LMIA backed job offer and if you secure one, 600 points will get added to your CRS. The updated score will make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round.

Meanwhile, lookout for all the companies which you would like to target, look at their career pages, LinkedIn pages, try to connect with people over Linkedin, if you have any friends over there, try to see if they can introduce you to someone in their contacts which you can leverage once you land in Canada. Identify important job consultants, whom you can fall back on in case you do not succeed on your own. So once you land in Canada, you will be well equipped.

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you very much.
Do i need to have a running profile in the pool to get job offer or to apply for jobs?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
baraac said:
Thank you very much.
Do i need to have a running profile in the pool to get job offer or to apply for jobs?
Yes your profile should be active while you apply for jobs.

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
thank you very much
Please what is the process of submitting your employment profile to the Canada Job Bank

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Hello friends,

I have one question about foreign work experience. I have TA/RA experience for 5 years since I started my PhD program in the US. Can this experience count towards the foreign work experience points in the CRS?

Also, does anyone have some resource or study material for the TEF French language test?

Thank you so much!

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
Hello friends,

I have one question about foreign work experience. I have TA/RA experience for 5 years since I started my PhD program in the US. Can this experience count towards the foreign work experience points in the CRS?

Also, does anyone have some resource or study material for the TEF French language test?

Thank you so much!
Yes it can. Don't have any resources regarding the TEF.

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Doda said:
Yes it can. Don't have any resources regarding the TEF.
Thank you so much for the reply. The reason I asked is some people have said TA/RA experience doesn't count towards points for CEC. The CIC website says working experience won't count if you're enrolled as a full time student, but only for CEC. It didn't say this restriction also applies for foreign work experience under FSW. So I was wondering if it also doesn't count for FSW, or it's different? Thank you.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
axlh17 said:
Thank you so much for the reply. The reason I asked is some people have said TA/RA experience doesn't count towards points for CEC. The CIC website says working experience won't count if you're enrolled as a full time student, but only for CEC. It didn't say this restriction also applies for foreign work experience under FSW. So I was wondering if it also doesn't count for FSW, or it's different? Thank you.
Yes. It won't count for CEC if the 4012 experience you gained as a full time student in Canada, but will count for FSW.

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
axlh17 said:
I understand the confusion, have faced it myself. Don't worry, you are safe :) Your experience would count for the FSW program, but not for the CEC. The only condition under FSWP is regarding the time of work (must be equal to at least 1 year full-time or an equal amount in part-time), and in one kind of job. Hope this helps.

axlh17

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
MPVM said:
I understand the confusion, have faced it myself. Don't worry, you are safe :) Your experience would count for the FSW program, but not for the CEC. The only condition under FSWP is regarding the time of work (must be equal to at least 1 year full-time or an equal amount in part-time), and in one kind of job. Hope this helps.
Wow, that's great to hear! I assume you're in a similar situation like me? Were you able to make the RA/TA count towards points in CRS? I worked as TA for 5 years for 20 hours/week. So it should be equivalent to 2 years full time, is that correct? Thank you!

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
axlh17 said:
Wow, that's great to hear! I assume you're in a similar situation like me? Were you able to make the RA/TA count towards points in CRS? I worked as TA for 5 years for 20 hours/week. So it should be equivalent to 2 years full time, is that correct? Thank you!
Yes, if your experience is from outside Canada and if you can provide CIC with reference letter from that university (or school), you can claim it.