+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

minimum work experience in primary NOC 4012

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
The guidance says that "If you do not have the minimum work experience in the primary occupation NOC that you choose, you may be ineligible"
Please what is the minimum number of years for the NOC 4012 for eligibility?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baraac said:
The guidance says that "If you do not have the minimum work experience in the primary occupation NOC that you choose, you may be ineligible"
Please what is the minimum number of years for the NOC 4012 for eligibility?
A minimum is 1 year of fulltime (30hrs/week) or equivalent in part time. Is the NOC 4012 experience was done while beinh a student in Canada?

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
thank you for the response.
not in canada.
The noc 4012 experience was done in Europe as a research assistance after phd.

2. Please how can i view the CRS point for a EE profile that is not yet submitted. or
3. can i still update the profile after submission?
4. Can the already submitted profile be withdrawn?
5. I just submitted and my profile says Not eligible for Express Entry...do i need to wait for 24 hours?

Hope to hear from you please !!

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baraac said:
not in canada.

2. Please how can i view the CRS point for a EE profile that is not yet submitted.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

3. can i still update the profile after submission?

EE profile once created and submitted can not be changed, you can however change some info after ITA , provided it is still making the minimum points you scored at first

4. Can the already submitted profile be withdrawn?
Yes

5. I just submitted and my profile says Not eligible for Express Entry...do i need to wait for 24 hours?
not sure

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
1. Please how can i delete the current profile?
2. I hope the it will not affect the subsequent profile that will be created

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
baraac said:
not in canada.

2. Please how can i view the CRS point for a EE profile that is not yet submitted. or - You will not be able to view scores for the profile where you have not submitted all the information. If you would like to know what score you would get, you can use this tool to calculate your score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
3. can i still update the profile after submission? - Yes, if your profile is eligible, you can update information in your Express Entry profile.
4. Can the already submitted profile be withdrawn? - Yes, check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1076&top=29
5. I just submitted and my profile says Not eligible for Express Entry...do i need to wait for 24 hours? - If the profile says that you are not eligible, then nothing is going to update after 24 hours, it simple means you do not meet the requirement stated here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-express.asp. Even if you create a new profile with the same information, you will end up with the same result. Check the tool which I shared above to see where you are going wrong, correct those and then create and submit a new profile.

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thank you very much for the good response.
I think the problem was because there is no WES report for now.

Next question:
1. Is there any hope for somebody with a CRS point of 350?
2. Please what is the easiest way to get provincial nomination/job from outside canada?

I do hope to hear from you.

many thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
baraac said:
Thank you very much for the good response.
I think the problem was because there is no WES report for now.

Next question:
1. Is there any hope for somebody with a CRS point of 350?

With a score of 350, the only options left for you to get an ITA is to either get provincial nomination OR secure an LMIA backed job offer from Canadian employer. Each of these will add 600 points to your existing CRS and take it to 950 thereby make you eligible to receive ITA in the next round of invitation.

However, I would suggest that you improve your IELTS score. I m not sure what your IELTS score is, but IELTS plays a very important role in boosting your CRS score. Ideally getting CLB 9 in IELTS (LRWS 8777) will give you the best points, You can try different values in the calculator here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

2. Please what is the easiest way to get provincial nomination/job from outside canada?

To get OINP invite your score should be at least 400 and above. For PNP relayed information you can check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

I do hope to hear from you.

many thanks

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
thank you very much.
Please do you have information about other provinces especially for those already completed PhD outside Canada and with more than one year working experience ?

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
baraac said:
thank you very much.
Please do you have information about other provinces especially for those already completed PhD outside Canada and with more than one year working experience ?
Hi,
I also fall under NOC 4012. I have done phd from Germany on a full-time student permit, but as an employee. So while I was a PhD student, I was paid monthly salary. I, however, was on a part-time working contract (19.75 hrs/week, to be precise), for theee years. That made me eligible for the FSWP program, but not for Canadian experience class or CEC. So, if you fulfill the minimum work requirement under 4012 NOC (i.e at least one year full-time or an equal amount in part-time), you should be eligible for FSWP, provided you get your Phd degree assessed and meet the minimum language cutoff score.

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
MPVM said:
you should be eligible for FSWP, provided you get your Phd degree assessed and meet the minimum language cutoff score.
please what is the minimum language cutoff score?

MPVM

Mar 14, 2016
baraac said:
please what is the minimum language cutoff score?
Minimum lang cutoff for the FSWP correspond to a CLB 7. Please check this link out: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language.asp
However, its just the minimum or eligible cutoff! The higher the score on language test, the more would be your overall score.

baraac

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Dear Gurus,
1. Is Express Entry also the same as FSWP ?
2. Is there any advantage having post year PhD experience for EE with canadian employers?
3. Which of the provinces prefer post year PhD experience?

many thanks