+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

migrating to canada

pinoybigboy

Aug 1, 2008
hello to all...
i entered us as a tourist and later became out of status. i married usc three years ago and filed an adjustment of status. my first interview was postponed to due some problems. up to now i am waiting for an interview. i am working in an IT field and have a bachelors degree in my country of origin. also i am paying my taxes here in the us. i am planning to migrate to canada on my own, because me and my usc spouse is on the path of divorce. here are my questions.
1. can i process all my papers here in the us.
2. is it true that finding a job once you are outside Canada is hard.

i am planning to move in Calgary since most of my distant relatives lives there. from what i researched the fastest way to go to Canada is tru provincial nomination. can you give me some feedback of the thoughts i have in migrating to canada.
1. apply first for a job..
2. then apply for a provincial nomination.
3. then apply to your nearest Canadian consular or embassy.

do you think i am on the right track...

next, how about if i can't find any job offer in canada, can anyone suggest to me the process on how to migrate in Canada.

thanks for any feedback, suggestions, comments you will going to post on this thread.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
pinoybigboy said:
hello to all...
i entered us as a tourist and later became out of status. i married usc three years ago and filed an adjustment of status. my first interview was postponed to due some problems. up to now i am waiting for an interview. i am working in an IT field and have a bachelors degree in my country of origin. also i am paying my taxes here in the us. i am planning to migrate to canada on my own, because me and my usc spouse is on the path of divorce. here are my questions.

i am planning to move in Calgary since most of my distant relatives lives there. from what i researched the fastest way to go to Canada is tru provincial nomination. can you give me some feedback of the thoughts i have in migrating to canada.
1. apply first for a job..
2. then apply for a provincial nomination.
3. then apply to your nearest Canadian consular or embassy.

do you think i am on the right track...

next, how about if i can't find any job offer in canada, can anyone suggest to me the process on how to migrate in Canada.

thanks for any feedback, suggestions, comments you will going to post on this thread.
Just a comments on your questions:

Yes, you can submit your application in the Buffalo office. Even though you became out-of-status because you overstay but your marriage to a US citizen has save you to be on a legal status.

It all depends, there are number of postings on this forum that they were able to secure a job even though they are outside of Canada. In your case, your an IT professional, its a bit difficult coz most of the employer when they hire an IT person, they would like them to start immediately (i.e. due to project deadline) but since your outside of Canada, that would take time to process your paper.

I suggest you start your application ASAP and while waiting keep on applying for a job. If you can find an employer that would like to hire you, you can amend your application and submit arrange employment and this will expedite your application.

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
forgot to mention, your an IT professional so you can apply as Federal Skilled worker. do an online assessment (i think canadavisa.com has free assessment) to see if you can meet the required 67 points.