+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Middle name in passport but not in supporting documents

javisam376

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi,
I am going through the application process and find myself in the same situation; some of my docs (US docs and my job's reference letter) list only my first last name while others have both (passport, diploma, etc). I am wondering if you ended up adding the clarification letter and if your process went smoothly or you took another approach.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, I did include an explanation to be on the safe side, the text was:

"Because I used to live in the United States and the naming convention in that country is to use the First Name, Middle Name and only one Last Name, some of my personal documents such as my FBI records were generated under that naming convention."

Reactions: cata253

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hello all,

Please help me in following case:
I am living in India and got ITA. Now, I have to submit my documents. I have my surname included on some documents such as passport, ECA, PCC, and IELTS certificate, but not on other certificate such as marriage certificate, birth certificate.

What should I do in this case?

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Hello all,

Please help me in following case:
I am living in India and got ITA. Now, I have to submit my documents. I have my surname included on some documents such as passport, ECA, PCC, and IELTS certificate, but not on other certificate such as marriage certificate, birth certificate.

What should I do in this case?
get a same name affidavit in that case with notary

nri7777

Nov 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Thanks for the reply.

Should I have to attach same name affidavit in letter of explanation?
Is this would be sufficient? I am little worried right now.
Do you faced same issue?
no i did not have this issue and yes you can also explain the same with loe and attach the same name affidavit along.

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
Hi,
My educational mark sheets are printed with the following sequence:
Last name, first name and middle name.

However, in my passport, it is Last name and First name.

So my concern is by which sequence name shall I opt for my ECA report that I shall not face any challenges later.
Many thanks in advance.