Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
The stats do say 20% are done in 5 months which is great! I'd be jumping on a plane right away!

luiselopez

May 17, 2012
Hi canadiangirl78,

Is it 5 months from the moment you were approved as a sponsor? or 5 months from the moment you first sent the documents to Mississauga, ON?

Thank you for your help!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
luiselopez said:
Hi canadiangirl78,

Is it 5 months from the moment you were approved as a sponsor? or 5 months from the moment you first sent the documents to Mississauga, ON?

Thank you for your help!
5 months from sponsorship. Unfortunately sponsorship is taking 3 months right now but someone talked to CIC after filing a complaint and they were told that Step 1 is longer because they are doing security checks before sending the file to the VO to make Step 2 faster. Who knows though....

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
luiselopez said:
Hello to everyone,

I am currently being sponsored by my wife, who is from Quebec. We got the yes from the Federal Government, then we were invited to apply to the MICC and they also gave us the yes already. We got the CSQ, which we sent to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city. At this point we don't know what comes next. Is there an interview after this? Does anybody could share their experience to us - in terms of timing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
You will get an AOR from mexico to let you know it got there, and then they will probably request a PGR police certificate. There might be an interview, but not always! They say if there is an interview they will let you know a month in advance!

Good luck!

missmymexi

Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-17-2012
Doc's Request.
11-26-12 - Common law declaration/PRG/SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa - 09-11-12 / DF 11-26-12
File Transfer...
09-17-12
Med's Done....
02-29-12
canadiangirl78 said:
The stats do say 20% are done in 5 months which is great! I'd be jumping on a plane right away!
Well lets hope we are all part of that 20%, most of our cases are not that complicated so who knows !! Hopefully Mrandmrsramero and edgar are next then i would think it would be you Canadiangirl !

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
missmymexi said:
Well lets hope we are all part of that 20%, most of our cases are not that complicated so who knows !! Hopefully Mrandmrsramero and edgar are next then i would think it would be you Canadiangirl !
I will be happy when those two get their PPR!

I think we will be part of the 20%. Anyone on a forum like this is very on top of things!

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
canadiangirl78 said:
I will be happy when those two get their PPR!

I think we will be part of the 20%. Anyone on a forum like this is very on top of things!
Congratulations Nessa!!!! :D

You must be so excited! I keep saying that as soon as I get my PPR I will leave within a month, I don't know how you can have the visa in your hands and manage to wait another 3 months LOL.

edgarsitow

Sep 11, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 19 2009
Doc's Request.
April 26, 2012, ARC Request on August 31, 2012
File Transfer...
14 October 2009 to Mexico City (Original) April 04, 2012 (re-processing after appeal allowed)
Med's Request
April 26, 2012
Med's Done....
September 07, 2009 (Original) April 30, 2012 (After appeal allowed)
Interview........
March 23, 2010 DENIED, Filed appeal September 2010
Passport Req..
November 05, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 06, 2012
LANDED..........
November 17, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
Criminality is the police clearances - i.e. FBI, PGR, etc. Meaning clean criminal record.

Security is the deeper background checks to ensure that the applicant poses no security threat to Canada. This involves CSIS and other "partners" who are responsible for ruling out similar name/DOB situations; organized crime; military service; travel history, etc. and who knows what else. Our case has been in queue for a long time due to being flagged for more in depth security screens (likely due to the tattoo thing combined with prior undocumented status in the U.S.) In any case, we know for certain that the CSIS checks have been done for some time and the MP was able to confirm our file was/is stuck awaiting completion of checks from another "partner". So that's why its freaking me out that Security now says "not started" - especially since we have been feeling so optimistic that the security checks are finally over !!! Now what ????

Well, at least we know that CIC has matched up the medical as that part now says "in progress."
Got it. It's weird considering how long they've spent checking on that. I can definitely relate. I also have a tattoo, a big one that covers 3/4 of my back, but since it's always covered in photos they probably won't ask me anything. I can understand their point, but at the same point it's frustrating that some people still believe that all people with tattoos/piercings are gang members or dangerous people. I'm sure that by June 30th you should be contacted. Apparently the embassy is moving quickly now seeing how Nessa already got her PPR, I got contacted for more documents within 2 weeks of delivering what they asked for, so hopefully this is a trend that applies to everyone.

Good luck and keep us updated!

M

mrandmrsromero

edgarsitow said:
Good luck and keep us updated!
We totally understand and agree with the why's and wherefore's behind the security screens. There is no question that caution in these matters is a must. The intellectual side of the brain gets it. The emotional side ... not so much. But, it is the end result that counts, and we are doing our best to keep focused on the happy ending :)

M

mrandmrsromero

And how very typical of our case to have a Due Date set on a friggin' SATURDAY.

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
OF A LONG WEEKEND !!!!
Well it is a due date...it has to be done before or by the 30th right? So maybe it will come BEFORE June 30th! Maybe they just put the 30th cause it´s the last day of the month.

M

mrandmrsromero

Nessa said:
Well it is a due date...it has to be done before or by the 30th right? So maybe it will come BEFORE June 30th! Maybe they just put the 30th cause it´s the last day of the month.
From your lips to the ears of the powers-that-be. Maybe your approval will be our good luck charm :) Check back on us to see, ok? So happy for you!

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
edgarsitow said:
Congratulations Nessa!!!! :D

You must be so excited! I keep saying that as soon as I get my PPR I will leave within a month, I don't know how you can have the visa in your hands and manage to wait another 3 months LOL.

Thanks!

And we would LOVE to go right away! But my husband is finishing up the semester of classes he teaches before going.

And I have been doing my own paperwork for my thesis defense for the last 7 months also! (seriously thought this would be done before the visa got here!!!) But it turns out that those ¨tramites¨ are like a billion times worse than the visa application! :p

(well at least it seems that way to me right now) :(

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
mrandmrsromero said:
From your lips to the ears of the powers-that-be. Maybe your approval will be our good luck charm :) Check back on us to see, ok? So happy for you!
The due date is the last day of June. So they want it done this month. I hear a PPR getting typed up...