26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Argie2016 said:
Update: My Background Check started on March 28 th So I still have hope everything will be done in the next two months reaching the average 7 to 9 months of Mexico VO
Gracias Miguel
Good luck everyone
Your dates almost match mine!!!!! I was just asked for RPRF on April 4th but nothing has changed, still says checking eligibility :(

GZ

Apr 14, 2017
I live in America but I was born in Mexico. We sent our Sponsorship packet at the start of November 2016 and CIC said they received it 2 weeks later. They sent the pack to Mexico in January and started processing my PR in February 27th,2017 . So what I'm wondering is how much longer will it take for this process to be finally over and I can finally be with my husband ? I miss him so much. T.T

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
GZ said:
I live in America but I was born in Mexico. We sent our Sponsorship packet at the start of November 2016 and CIC said they received it 2 weeks later. They sent the pack to Mexico in January and started processing my PR in February 27th,2017 . So what I'm wondering is how much longer will it take for this process to be finally over and I can finally be with my husband ? I miss him so much. T.T
What country in America do you live in? America is quite a big continent.

Anyway, if you are from North America then it is managed by Mexico office, and the current times are around 12 months, so you can expect to be with your SO around Christmas this year.

Good luck!!

GZ

Apr 14, 2017
Jalex23 said:

Anyway, if you are from North America then it is managed by Mexico office, and the current times are around 12 months, so you can expect to be with your SO around Christmas this year.

Good luck!!

Lol I live in the United States. My husband checked the webpage and it said right now they're deciding if I need an interview or not. Do you think it'll take much longer ?

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Jalex23 said:

Good luck!!
When someone say they live in america, it means USA. Here in canada we never call our country america even if we are part of north america. Its an american (usa) thing

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
majesty said:
I thought it might be too early to request GCMS notes as I don't think it will say much since they haven't opened our file yet at the VO. It is kind of like a desperate attempt in trying to get some answers about the status of our application.

When they request the fingerprints, how do you send them? Who do you send it to? (I was under the impression that for applicants outside of Canada, fingerprints are obtained on paper and then have to be sent to a recognized company who can digitize them and then they submit it to the RCMP and it's run through their database).

If and when we get past that point, there is a high probability that an interview will be requested {{sigh}}. As well, my partner will have to re-do his medical. So it's going to be a long road for us.

The reason I requested the notes "early' is because I have no access to much information but the one that shows on the eCAS, my lawyer is not much of a talker and it might be sound desperate for you but for me It sounds about time. They have opened the file at the MVO and then requested the fingerprints only.

As for the Fingerprints requested My husband sent them to the Miguel Cervantes Address as per instruction in the letter. In my case they only requested for the original set of FP not the RCMP PCC(thats when your fingerprints are obtained on paper and then have to be sent to a recognized company who can digitize them and then they submit it to the RCMP, then they send the PCC to you) and this was another reason to request the notes to see what is going on in the mind of the officer that requested only the FP.

My husband lived for long time in Canada and someone suggested to me that they might be requesting the FP so they can run their checks and speed the process, I am hoping this to be true and save us some time because my case is complicated, although I wish not to have an interview request, I am prepare for the opposite. My husband is the one who has to do it and i know it can be really hard for him.
His medicals expire next October, when are yours gonna expire?

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Aloaleja said:
The reason I requested the notes "early' is because I have no access to much information but the one that shows on the eCAS, my lawyer is not much of a talker and it might be sound desperate for you but for me It sounds about time. They have opened the file at the MVO and then requested the fingerprints only.

As for the Fingerprints requested My husband sent them to the Miguel Cervantes Address as per instruction in the letter. In my case they only requested for the original set of FP not the RCMP PCC(thats when your fingerprints are obtained on paper and then have to be sent to a recognized company who can digitize them and then they submit it to the RCMP, then they send the PCC to you) and this was another reason to request the notes to see what is going on in the mind of the officer that requested only the FP.

My husband lived for long time in Canada and someone suggested to me that they might be requesting the FP so they can run their checks and speed the process, I am hoping this to be true and save us some time because my case is complicated, although I wish not to have an interview request, I am prepare for the opposite. My husband is the one who has to do it and i know it can be really hard for him.
His medicals expire next October, when are yours gonna expire?
As far as I know, they haven't even opened our file in Mexico VO yet. Last email my partner got from Miguel's office (lol) was on March 23 saying they received our Schedule A and Supplemental form and that they did not receive our file as it was still in transit (email was received on March 13 saying file had been transferred). Since then we have heard nothing. We are not going through a lawyer/representative.

I am a little paranoid because I thought they had lost our file in Mississauga. It took them over 4 weeks to send out AOR1. Already, we were one of the last ones from end of Jan applicants to get to that stage. Very discouraging for us to see applicants from other VO's who submitted apps after us already being asked to submit their info for PCC. But I know Mexico VO has a much longer timeline, so nothing we can do but wait.

My partner was in Canada for 1 year in 2012/2013, so I'm pretty sure he has to submit fingerprints to get PCC in Canada. His PCC stuff from Chile had to be submitted upfront.

His medicals will expire end of July, so he'll have to re-do them as there is no way this process will be finished by then. We were going to submit app last fall, but it took a lot longer to get all the documents together.

There is also a greater than 50% chance that we will have to have an interview as there is a big age difference between me and my partner. It all depends on who is reviewing our file.

At this point, is it going to make a difference if we email Mexico to find out the status of our app? I saw that some others going through the same VO had to wait closer to 60 - 70 days before they were asked to submit docs (PCC/medical) after SA/file transfer. Technically speaking, 60 days would be middle of May for us. If we hear nothing by middle of May, then I have to assume they lost our file or that we have bad luck again. I guess I'll email them at that point and maybe order GCMS notes.

We have access to eCAS and myCIC/ GCKey account, but nothing has changed on there since beginning of March. myCIC only says they have received our application under application status. In eCAS under PA, last line only says they sent us correspondence Mar 2 .... nothing about it being in progress.

Thanks for letting me know about how the fingerprinting works!

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
majesty said:
As far as I know, they haven't even opened our file in Mexico VO yet. Last email my partner got from Miguel's office (lol) was on March 23 saying they received our Schedule A and Supplemental form and that they did not receive our file as it was still in transit (email was received on March 13 saying file had been transferred). Since then we have heard nothing. We are not going through a lawyer/representative.

I am a little paranoid because I thought they had lost our file in Mississauga. It took them over 4 weeks to send out AOR1. Already, we were one of the last ones from end of Jan applicants to get to that stage. Very discouraging for us to see applicants from other VO's who submitted apps after us already being asked to submit their info for PCC. But I know Mexico VO has a much longer timeline, so nothing we can do but wait.

My partner was in Canada for 1 year in 2012/2013, so I'm pretty sure he has to submit fingerprints to get PCC in Canada. His PCC stuff from Chile had to be submitted upfront.

His medicals will expire end of July, so he'll have to re-do them as there is no way this process will be finished by then. We were going to submit app last fall, but it took a lot longer to get all the documents together.

There is also a greater than 50% chance that we will have to have an interview as there is a big age difference between me and my partner. It all depends on who is reviewing our file.

At this point, is it going to make a difference if we email Mexico to find out the status of our app? I saw that some others going through the same VO had to wait closer to 60 - 70 days before they were asked to submit docs (PCC/medical) after SA/file transfer. Technically speaking, 60 days would be middle of May for us. If we hear nothing by middle of May, then I have to assume they lost our file or that we have bad luck again. I guess I'll email them at that point and maybe order GCMS notes.

We have access to eCAS and myCIC/ GCKey account, but nothing has changed on there since beginning of March. myCIC only says they have received our application under application status. In eCAS under PA, last line only says they sent us correspondence Mar 2 .... nothing about it being in progress.

Thanks for letting me know about how the fingerprinting works!

I am so sorry you have to wait long time.

We sent the app at the beginning of January. It passed 60 days after SA and when they started our application at MVO. We also have to wait like a year and half to get all our documents and proof together before we could apply, it was long time but at the end we feel better with all the evidence we sent, still not enough to feel confident because we also have a huge age difference, and this is my husband's second marriage, so i understand your feelings about the interview and the anxiety of the waiting time. I don't like to not knowing what's gonna happen, i guess we have no other option.

As for the Fingerprints for me is confusing i just hope they don't request later the RCMP PCC, they will request the ones from Mexico, unlike you we are not able to get those until the Embassy request them in writing.

I do really hope they star processing your app soon.

keep us posted.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Aloaleja said:
I am so sorry you have to wait long time.

We sent the app at the beginning of January. It passed 60 days after SA and when they started our application at MVO. We also have to wait like a year and half to get all our documents and proof together before we could apply, it was long time but at the end we feel better with all the evidence we sent, still not enough to feel confident because we also have a huge age difference, and this is my husband's second marriage, so i understand your feelings about the interview and the anxiety of the waiting time. I don't like to not knowing what's gonna happen, i guess we have no other option.

As for the Fingerprints for me is confusing i just hope they don't request later the RCMP PCC, they will request the ones from Mexico, unlike you we are not able to get those until the Embassy request them in writing.

I do really hope they star processing your app soon.

keep us posted.
Hey,

It sucks for all of us to have to wait. Thanks for your positive words. We are pretty used to having to wait to be together. We could have started on our spousal sponsorship path long ago, but we were really discouraged by the whole process and how long it was going to take and how our relationship was going to be scrutinized by total strangers that my partner tried to see if there were other ways to come to Canada first (getting LMIA/LMO, EE (writing IELTS a few times) .... just a long road for us. Anyways, we have to keep the faith and patience. We are all in the same boat here.

I am still not sure about the fingerprinting process, so I sent an email to an accredited company about the procedure. Hopefully they can shed some light on how it's done before we actually get the request.

For now taking it one step at a time, so not stressing too much about an impending interview. Hopefully that will go well for you guys if you get the request.

Cheers!

GZ

Apr 14, 2017
I live in the untied states. My husband checked the webpage and it said they're deciding if I need and interview or not. My question is how much longer will this take? Annoy I know. I'm just so stressed out and worried because I just want to be with my husband so bad.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
GZ said:
I live in the untied states. My husband checked the webpage and it said they're deciding if I need and interview or not. My question is how much longer will this take? Annoy I know. I'm just so stressed out and worried because I just want to be with my husband so bad.
Average for MVO is 7-9 months from the moment you sent the application. I believe they are getting even more backlogged now because of Trump. Many Mexicans coming from the US are asking for refugee status in Canada. That is surely adding some load to the MVO.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Sneakydriver said:
Average for MVO is 7-9 months from the moment you sent the application. I believe they are getting even more backlogged now because of Trump. Many Mexicans coming from the US are asking for refugee status in Canada. That is surely adding some load to the MVO.
Refugees are not process the same way however. It should not affect family sponsor ship backlogs

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
GZ said:
If you get an interview it will go much faster. Any time from 1 to 4 months.

Good luck.

msb said:
When someone say they live in america, it means USA. Here in canada we never call our country america even if we are part of north america. Its an american (usa) thing
I am aware of this common error, but as this is an international website and it is a Mexico thread, we always have to make sure.

I usually assume people from latin american countries, know this error and will use proper terms. It is important for proper advice.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Jalex23 said:

Good luck.

I am aware of this common error, but as this is an international website and it is a Mexico thread, we always have to make sure.

I usually assume people from latin american countries, know this error and will use proper terms. It is important for proper advice.
I am in canada, and never heard of any other countries in the Americas, internationally, referred to as "america" except USA.

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Jalex23 said:

Good luck.

I don't even bother to use the proper term. I call USA America. People from UK do the same. Rest of Europe as well. Canada, Asia, etc.

I know Latin Americans usually don't do it because America is the whole continent and they feel offended but if you are in Canada or USA, don't even bother in correcting someone haha. It's just so established that is not worth it.