AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
So I got the letter from the lawyer, his assistant actually... Does anyone have a clue what is this, according to her this is not for the Mexican police clearances so I am not sure what is this for? I ask if this could be for the RCMP, are they doing the check by themselves? and she also said she was not sure because CIC might ask for the RCMP clearances in future. Should we be worried this is gonna take more time?

We don't know where to have the finger prints done In Mexico, she just asked us to go to the PGR and ask if they can do that, and if they do, will they send the original fingerprints to the Embassy or we(my husband) do we have to send them.

I am assuming they are already working on our application but no AOR2, I got the line saying they received my application. Are they moving to the next step?
does anyone know any insight?

I really appreciate your thoughts and answers.

Dear xxxxxxx:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence as a member of the Family Class
received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete
and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter
(2017/04/28).

xxxx - NAME APPLICANT:
> Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints. This must be received at this office by:
2017/04/28
If Submitting the Documents via Mail/E-mail
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes
specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the
requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available.
Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:
Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193,
Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520,
Mexico D.F. Mexico

E-mail: MXICOIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application
will be assessed on the basis of the information that you originally provided which may result in the
refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be
given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted...

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aloaleja said:
So I got the letter from the lawyer, his assistant actually... Does anyone have a clue what is this, according to her this is not for the Mexican police clearances so I am not sure what is this for? I ask if this could be for the RCMP, are they doing the check by themselves? and she also said she was not sure because CIC might ask for the RCMP clearances in future. Should we be worried this is gonna take more time?

We don't know where to have the finger prints done In Mexico, she just asked us to go to the PGR and ask if they can do that, and if they do, will they send the original fingerprints to the Embassy or we(my husband) do we have to send them.

I am assuming they are already working on our application but no AOR2, I got the line saying they received my application. Are they moving to the next step?

Dear xxxxxxx:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence as a member of the Family Class
received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in
Mississauga.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete
and submit the following to the Visa Office in Mexico City within 30 days of the date of this letter
(2017/04/28).

xxxx - NAME APPLICANT:
> Fingerprints: A set of original fingerprints. This must be received at this office by:
2017/04/28
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the timeframes
specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of the

Mexico D.F. Mexico

No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application
will be assessed on the basis of the information that you originally provided which may result in the
refusal of your application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be
given to your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted...
Hi ,

That's not PGR nor am RCMP record check request , I think they make a mistake or sent you an incomplete request .
My wife tried to get her fingerprints done before the official PGR request from the embassy , But PGR office insisted it can't be done before the letter is issued from the embassy .

One applicant got his fingerprints done by a judge in Mexico .

again it's weird to only request the fingerprints . and it's hard to get them done in Mexico .

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
TANMEX said:
Hi ,

That's not PGR nor am RCMP record check request , I think they make a mistake or sent you an incomplete request .
My wife tried to get her fingerprints done before the official PGR request from the embassy , But PGR office insisted it can't be done before the letter is issued from the embassy .

again it's weird to only request the fingerprints . and it's hard to get them done in Mexico .\

Thanks for replying.

I was hoping from them to request the PCC but no, just the fingerprints, the assistant seemed to be puzzled by the request and she just gave me those instructions, and told me if we were not able to get the fingerprints to let her know so she would write a letter to CIC and explain the situation.

Did your wife received the same letter just requesting the fingerprints? Was your wife able to get the fingerprints?

thank you

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Aloaleja said:

Dear xxxxxxx:
Mississauga.
(2017/04/28).

xxxx - NAME APPLICANT:
2017/04/28

Mexico D.F. Mexico

That's weird. Maybe it's a new thing they are doing? never seen it. I guess I should be prepared to receive a similar email. And yes, AOR2 is the line that says they started processing your application. lately mvo have not been sending an AOR2 email, but they just send a "more information needed" email and if they don't need any additional info, they just don't send anything but the line is ecas, reflects they started working in the application. It should be fairly easy to get finger prints anywhere. There must be a company in mexico that gets the fingerprints, they are everywhere in usa. if not, check this out:

http://www.crimescene.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=117

you could buy your own fingerprint card and get the fingerprints by yourself.

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aloaleja said:
TANMEX said:
Hi ,

again it's weird to only request the fingerprints . and it's hard to get them done in Mexico .\

Thanks for replying.

I was hoping from them to request the PCC but no, just the fingerprints, the assistant seemed to be puzzled by the request and she just gave me those instructions, and told me if we were not able to get the fingerprints to let her know so she would write a letter to CIC and explain the situation.

Did your wife received the same letter just requesting the fingerprints? Was your wife able to get the fingerprints?

thank you

wife received a different letter requesting RCMP fingerprintS based PCC and PGR .

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Sneakydriver said:
That's weird. Maybe it's a new thing they are doing? never seen it. I guess I should be prepared to receive a similar email. And yes, AOR2 is the line that says they started processing your application. lately mvo have not been sending an AOR2 email, but they just send a "more information needed" email and if they don't need any additional info, they just don't send anything but the line is ecas, reflects they started working in the application. It should be fairly easy to get finger prints anywhere. There must be a company in mexico that gets the fingerprints, they are everywhere in usa. if not, check this out:

http://www.crimescene.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=51&products_id=117

you could buy your own fingerprint card and get the fingerprints by yourself.
I don't really know what to think. My husband is going to give it a try at the PGR tomorrow. I am pretty sure they won't let him get the fingerprints, unless they do the police clearances. but the letter is not requesting that, so no much hope. Thanks for the link, i will look at it and i will try to do more research and see if i can find a place where he can get the fingerprints. this is really weird, and its causing me being more anxious.
I know that the application is paused until they received the FP, so everyday that passes is a day more of waiting. I am praying is a new thing to accelerate the process, we'll see.

did you received the AOR2 or just got the update on the eCAS?

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Aloaleja said:
I don't really know what to think. My husband is going to give it a try at the PGR tomorrow. I am pretty sure they won't let him get the fingerprints, unless they do the police clearances. but the letter is not requesting that, so no much hope. Thanks for the link, i will look at it and i will try to do more research and see if i can find a place where he can get the fingerprints. this is really weird, and its causing me being more anxious.
I know that the application is paused until they received the FP, so everyday that passes is a day more of waiting. I am praying is a new thing to accelerate the process, we'll see.

did you received the AOR2 or just got the update on the eCAS?
The update on ecas is the AOR2. They have not asked me for additional information yet. I hope it stays that way haha. Did your husband spent more than 6 months in Canada in the past?

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
PumpkinPoet said:
CaroMB we have the exact timeline please keep me up to date althou or Medicaid were done the same
Month as yours but we haven't got any request yet. ???
Got email confirmation yesterday that Mexico had received our new medicals. This morning on MyCIC, the medical line changed back to Passed. I'll take any progress.

Does anyone know how long the "eligibility" section takes?

Sneakydriver

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
CaroM8 said:
Got email confirmation yesterday that Mexico had received our new medicals. This morning on MyCIC, the medical line changed back to Passed. I'll take any progress.

Does anyone know how long the "eligibility" section takes?
Your app says Background check started? or next step is to conduct a BCK?

I guess eligibility can take as short as 15 days to 3 months. Depends in the case. Look at how american citizens get their PR in 90 days from the time they send it to the time they land.

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
16-12-2016, AOR2 (RPRF req) 04/04/2017
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2016 and passed, redone 16-11-2017
Interview........
26-10-2017 and approved for PR
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
Just got this letter today. Pretty odd.... i never contacted them about processing times. I got both AOR in December and January already from that same officer, Miguel.
I did however email them and used the form twice to sdvise them of a typo in my husband mailing address... to which, i see they still have not corrected! :(
I guess it is a third AOR!

Anyone else received this today:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on 12/07/2016. We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote this application number in any future correspondence.

Processing time

Please note that processing times vary. To learn more about processing times for applications for permanent residence in the category that you have applied, you may consult the following hyperlink: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times

Due to limited resources dedicated to processing the thousands of applications currently in process, we are unable to respond to requests for status updates on your file if they fall within the average processing times. Furthermore, please note that processing times may be longer in the case of in case of incomplete applications or more complex cases

Important information

 To facilitate matching of documents requested, please attach a label with your file number on the top right corner of each document that you sent to our office

 Immigrant visas have a validity limited to one year from the date when the medical examinations were initiated or the validity of the passport, which ever is first. Please ensure to have a valid passport. No extensions are granted once visas are issued.

Interview

You will be notified of the appointment for your interview, if required, approximately one month prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time. Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all his or her accompanying family members, appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. To proceed with an examination, a personal interview is frequently required. Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico

www.mexico.gc.ca

VERSION JANVIER 2016

means that the applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that he or she is unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.

Authorization to Release Personal Information

If you would like to authorize Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to release information from your case file to someone other than yourself, please complete and return the form “Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual – IMM 5475” found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.PDF

Your dependent children who are 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form if they wish to authorize IRCC to release their information to a designated individual. The individual you designate will be able to obtain information such as the status of your application and will be able to change your address if you move. However, they will not be a representative who can conduct business with IRCC on your behalf. Please note that information regarding your case file cannot be released to your sponsor prior to the completion of this form.

Let us know

Please advise our office of any changes in your family composition in your immediate family, or change of address since it may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed.

Specifically, please advise our office in the event of the following:

 Change in family composition or marital status (i.e. marriage, births, deaths, divorce);

 Change of residential/mailing/e-mail address;

 Change of immigration representative;

 Request for withdrawal of your application.

Planning ahead

If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre- arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licences/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.

To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico

www.mexico.gc.ca

VERSION JANVIER 2016

As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting Canada.ca/francoimmigration.

Please forward all future correspondence to the Mexico City office as follows. Ensure to include your Application number in all correspondence:

E-mail : mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Mail : Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.

We trust that this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Immigration Section (mb)

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Just checked email and we never got anything like that. Strange!
We still have never received an email for anything. Just a letter in the mail saying I was approved a sponsor and it was sent to Mexico. Only reason I know anything is because of the ecas updates lol
Thank goodness for that!

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
KloveG said:
Just checked email and we never got anything like that. Strange!
We still have never received an email for anything. Just a letter in the mail saying I was approved a sponsor and it was sent to Mexico. Only reason I know anything is because of the ecas updates lol
Thank goodness for that!
Something sounds wrong with your file, they should never mail you if you have provided the emails of applicant and yours on your application. I got several emails, this is not my first email from this Miguel.

KloveG

Sep 4, 2016
Dominican Republic
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2017 AOR and SA
File Transfer...
20-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront and again October 24, 2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2016 and 24-10-2016
Interview........
24-10-2017
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
msb said:
Something sounds wrong with your file, they should never mail you if you have provided the emails of applicant and yours on your application. I got several emails, this is not my first email from this Miguel.
I think maybe because they didn't require any additional papers or anything like that from us.
I was expecting to hear something about our file around the end of March, as someone on here had mentioned you hear from them about every 2 months: and sure enough they started processing March 28. So I think all is good.
A friend of mine told me that it took them 8 months from beginning to end and only heard from them once. When they requested the RPRF. So fingers crossed! Lol

msb

Jan 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-12-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
and SA on 21-12-2016
Med's Request
Was sent upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
28-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
December 2017
LANDED..........
16-01-2018
KloveG said:
I think maybe because they didn't require any additional papers or anything like that from us.
I was expecting to hear something about our file around the end of March, as someone on here had mentioned you hear from them about every 2 months: and sure enough they started processing March 28. So I think all is good.
A friend of mine told me that it took them 8 months from beginning to end and only heard from them once. When they requested the RPRF. So fingers crossed! Lol
Ya they requested pcc and the additional info form to have corrections
But even before they requested that, i still had 2 emails from them, and then a few days later a third email for SA and transfer. Then another AOR in Jan to say mexico got the file from this same officer as today, miguel.
Never anything in the mail though, that is bizarre that they mail you instead of emails.
The processing as per cic page started March 7th