+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Message therapy graduate from a public university - PGWP

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi All,

Is Message therapy graduate from a public university like Mount Royal University qualified for a PGWP?

Full-time
Between in-class, online and practicum courses, full-time students should anticipate approximately 30-40 hours of class time per week. Complete the Certificate in as little as 9 months and the Diploma in 18 months.

Link: http://www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/ContinuingEducation/massage/schedcourses/index.htm

Thank you for your advise

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe time to consult an immigration professional for advice given you seem to be clutching at straws just to get a PGWP and not pursue a worthwhile course for future employment, first hairdressing, then acupuncture and now massage therapy. A PGWP is not ever a guarantee or an entitlement and if you are spending according the link above for a 2 year course that could get to near 60000 dollars for fees and living expense surely it should be for something you really want to do withgood employment propects as opposed to whether a PGWP is available at the end.

Chances are Mount Royal would be ok but others would need to confirm

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Bs65 said:
Maybe time to consult an immigration professional for advice given you seem to be clutching at straws just to get a PGWP and not pursue a worthwhile course for future employment, first hairdressing, then acupuncture and now massage therapy. A PGWP is not ever a guarantee or an entitlement and if you are spending according the link above for a 2 year course that could get to near 60000 dollars for fees and living expense surely it should be for something you really want to do withgood employment propects as opposed to whether a PGWP is available at the end.

Chances are Mount Royal would be ok but others would need to confirm
Thank you for your reply but I need a second career and need a special program what not much Canadian person want to do and I don't want to study the program what a lot of people studying currently eg: engineering, Business Administration: accounting, SC, marketing, international business. I also found a lot of student to struggle to find a job after graduating and difficult to get LMIA and not enough CSR score apply PR.

I don't think we spend 60K CAD for 2 year the message therapy I think it should be less than 30K CAD for 2 years and international student do not need to pay much higher than citizen and PR around 2K CAD higher per year.

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
The tuition difference between domestic and international students is more than double, no where near 2K per year.

Example: domestic student 3K per semester, @ George Brown College - international more than 6K approximately, depending on details of the program etc.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
evanstp9 said:
The tuition difference between domestic and international students is more than double, no where near 2K per year.

Example: domestic student 3K per semester, @ George Brown College - international more than 6K approximately, depending on details of the program etc.

Pls check the college as below:

CCTCMA: http://www.cctcma.com/acupuncture/admission/tuition-books/

Acupuncture and Doctor of TCM

The current tuition fees of Acupuncture and Doctor of TCM program for a full time Canadian student is CAN$9,500.00 for each academic year. The tuition fees for an international student is CAN$11,500.00. The tuition fees will not increase after enrollment.
Part-time students pay on a credit basis for the whole academic year at CAN$450.00 per course credit. The part time course is not available for international students.
The cost of study guides and other teaching materials range around $1000 per year. The study guides need to be purchased from the school. Other references of TCM and Acupuncture may be purchased from other sources at the student’s own expense.

ACATCM local student: http://www.acatcm.com/tuition-and-fees
Students Classification
Tuition

Full-time Students $4,900.00 per semester
Full-time Students $9,800.00 per academic year
Part-time students $14.00 / credited hour
Non-classified Students 60% of full tuition

ACATCM international student: http://www.acatcm.com/tuition-fees-international

Tuition Fee
Tuition fee for international students:

• $6,800 Canadian Dollar per semester
• $13,600 Canadian Dollar per academic year (Two semesters)

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Sonata95 said:
Hi All,

Is Message therapy graduate from a public university like Mount Royal University qualified for a PGWP?

Full-time
Between in-class, online and practicum courses, full-time students should anticipate approximately 30-40 hours of class time per week. Complete the Certificate in as little as 9 months and the Diploma in 18 months.

Link: http://www.mtroyal.ca/ProgramsCourses/ContinuingEducation/massage/schedcourses/index.htm

Thank you for your advise
Hi All,

I checked with the mount royal university and they said that PGWP we need to ask CIC. I don't know how I can ask CIC about PGWP for the course massage therapy at Mount Royal University. Could you pls advise the way I can ask CIC about the PGWP.

Tks & best regards, Thang

evanstp9

Nov 27, 2012
To my knowledge, there is no specific requirement as to what the program of study should be, for PGWP eligibility.
All the elibility criteria are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

I believe the university you mentioned is a DLI institution, so I don't see any issue with getting a PGWP once you graduate.

Make sure to check the above eligibility requirements.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
evanstp9 said:
To my knowledge, there is no specific requirement as to what the program of study should be, for PGWP eligibility.
All the elibility criteria are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

I believe the university you mentioned is a DLI institution, so I don't see any issue with getting a PGWP once you graduate.

guidelines are clear provided a public uni or college then a PGWP can be applied for, never guaranteed and the course taken does not really influence more the length of course determines what PGWP may be assigned. Seems the focus/ objective is still to just do a random course just to get a PGWP and nobody as said can guarantee in advance that as still has to be applied for may get it may not depends at the time.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
evanstp9 said:

Thanks a lot for your information, it is quite clear to apply message therapy course.

alizafarbasra

Apr 7, 2024
Thanks a lot for your information, it is quite clear to apply message therapy course.
Hi sonata95, did you applied for massage therapy diploma at mount royal university and graduated?

Did you get a PGWP?

I am considering this course for future studies. Guide me please. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi sonata95, did you applied for massage therapy diploma at mount royal university and graduated?

Did you get a PGWP?

I am considering this course for future studies. Guide me please. Thanks
This post is almost decade old. The answer you receive may not be relevant given rules around PGWPs keep evolving.

Reactions: rcincanada2019