+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mentioning spouse as accompanying in the PR Application

Beshoy Younan

May 1, 2018
Hi Guys,

I desperately in need for advice, I filled up my Express Entry mentioning that my spouse will not accompany me in order to obtain more points as she doesn’t have an IELTS nor WES. Then, somehow I got letter of interest from Ontario provincial nomination program. I filled up the forms and as far as I remember I mentioned that she will not accompany me (so the data will match the express entry profile) and got the nomination. Now, I got the ITA, can I add her in the application?! We both made the police clearance and the medical examination. I really need your advice

Reactions: jetender01

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I desperately in need for advice, I filled up my Express Entry mentioning that my spouse will not accompany me in order to obtain more points as she doesn’t have an IELTS nor WES. Then, somehow I got letter of interest from Ontario provincial nomination program. I filled up the forms and as far as I remember I mentioned that she will not accompany me (so the data will match the express entry profile) and got the nomination. Now, I got the ITA, can I add her in the application?! We both made the police clearance and the medical examination. I really need your advice
Yes but,
1. You have to meet PNP criteria (for example 400+ points for their HCP stream) and you shall inform Ontario about this change. Here I am not sure if they have to update their nomination certificate as well.

Beshoy Younan

May 1, 2018
Yes but,
1. You have to meet PNP criteria (for example 400+ points for their HCP stream) and you shall inform Ontario about this change. Here I am not sure if they have to update their nomination certificate as well.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I already got the nomination. So Should I write them an email? Taking into consideration that the nomination is expired (I already accepted the nomination before the expiration date)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot for your reply. I already got the nomination. So Should I write them an email? Taking into consideration that the nomination is expired (I already accepted the nomination before the expiration date)
It is change of your personal circumstances (it can happen), but it is better to inform them about this change.
In your case they have the right to recalculate points (your spouse was your spouse all the time, so there was no change in the family composition).
You have PNP to cover you up, but I am not sure how they proceed with that (they might wait for approval from your province, that they are aware about this change).
So that is why you shall check if you would meet PNP criteria even with your spouse accompanying.

So the safe advise is to contact them per email and explain the whole situation and that's it.

Also once you had you NOI, it would have been much much easier to add her at that point (if it is Ontario, then nowhere is stated that you have to have same EE points as at the day of the NOI. You just need to have 400+ points and that's it).

jetender01

Mar 15, 2021
Hi Guys,

Dear Beshoy,

I am in the same boat now as I have exactly the same case as yours, therefore I would like to know what what did you do finally? And what was the outcome of that?

Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards
Jetender