+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals - those who have PPR vs rejected - details and type category

kettysem

Apr 16, 2015
konosan said:
I put my analysis at www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4580863#msg4580863. I hope this can offer some clues.
In the letter of rejection it was said "Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only", which doesn't mean medical exam was done for Temp residence. It means that it was assessed for temp residence (also meant as evaluated). So it turns out that it might not matter what category a medical exam was done under, but how they will assess it.
Invalid means
-no diagnosis
-unacceptable diagnosis, for example, ‘medical condition’
-medical practitioner has not signed the certificate
-unable to identify worker.

Just my point of view.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
kettysem said:
In the letter of rejection it was said "Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only", which doesn't mean medical exam was done for Temp residence. It means that it was assessed for temp residence (also meant as evaluated). So it turns out that it might not matter what category a medical exam was done under, but how they will assess it.
Invalid means
-no diagnosis
-unacceptable diagnosis, for example, ‘medical condition'

Just my point of view.
which category was it?
was it NON-EDE/worker?

Duskyblue

Jan 23, 2015
Switzerland
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
kettysem said:
In the letter of rejection it was said "Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only", which doesn't mean medical exam was done for Temp residence. It means that it was assessed for temp residence (also meant as evaluated).
Interesting point!

largepoint

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kettysem said:
Invalid means
-no diagnosis
-unacceptable diagnosis, for example, ‘medical condition'

Just my point of view.
Yes, that's a good point.

boske83

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just called my panel physician again to clarify some things, and this is what he responded:
1. Medical exams for TRV visa and PR are exactly same,
2. Non-EDE is stricter than EDE, since it evaluates potential expense for Canadian health system too,
3. There is no separate place to upload results for TRV and PR - all results are uploaded to the same place (this discards one of my suspicions),
4. CIC is unpredictable and strict - even they do not ever know why and what is happening once results reach CIC.

After this response, my opinion is that this happens purely because of CIC officer's incompetence, either on medical personnel side or on immigration officer's side. I hope that CSE responses will help us all understand this issue, and that all the rejected cases would be reopened in short time.

I will proceed with my Non-EDE/Worker (501, 502, 707 and 712) exam this time and even in case of rejection, I hope to have good chances for new ITA this year, and hopefully this issue will be clarified by then.

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
I called my doctor. He said:

1. If you are applying through Family Sponsorship then, it is called "EDE" otherwise it is "Non-EDE".
in such case, EDE/Family

2. I am a worker under FSW/CEC Category. so, "Non-EDE/Worker" category.
if you are a student and applying for PR, then it is called "Non-EDE/student.

Hope this clarification works.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
drkv78 said:
I called my doctor. He said:

1. If you are applying through Family Sponsorship then, it is called "EDE" otherwise it is "Non-EDE".
in such case, EDE/Family

2. I am a worker under FSW/CEC Category. so, "Non-EDE/Worker" category.
if you are a student and applying for PR, then it is called "Non-EDE/student.

Hope this clarification works.
Yeah, this is quite obvious. Actually the name of each category is self-explanatory..

Non-EDE/Worker is for those who apply for a work visa to enter Canada (together with the application for the visa, the applicant should provide a letter of invitation from the future employer in Canada). I knew this because couple of years back i applied for a work visa and i did a health check under this category.

Under Express Entry, we are all applying for Permanent Residency, which is quite different from a work visa. EE is a relatively new thing, so the clinics do not have a option that says "EE " when uploading the medical check results. The problem lies in CIC didnt really specify for us which category to choose.

kettysem

Apr 16, 2015
I also called my doctor and explained the situation (Mine is also Non EDE/Worker) about refusals, she told me that all penal physicians did everything right, it doesn't matter what category is written in EMedical form. She told me that there are two reasons of rejection
1. Either the applicants didn't pass the medical exam due to the health conditions that are acceptable for temp residence but not for permanent (which would be wierd because, for example, in my country penal doctors tell you the results at the day of exam)
2. Either there was a mistake from the officer (less likely as she told me)

So let's hope it is the second

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems the issue is more on the "assessment".. but I'm still waiting to see if anyone has understood why some medicals are assessed in the incorrect manner... I find it hard to believe that they can just reject candidates because VO staff decides to assess it incorrectly... that just seems wrong on every level...
I wish there was a better explanation.. however, nothing yet...

Anyone else who can provide a profile of accepted or rejected PRs? atleast if we find a trend as to WHY VO staff are assessing it incorrectly? or anything at alll...

Kiki10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-09-2015
Hi,

I dome medicals today in Calgary

Main applicant non-EDE/Worker
Spouse non-EDE/Worker
Two kids under 5 non-EDE/Worker

I asked receptionist number of times is this correct and she said that is what CIC told them to use for EE PR!!!! Even for kids!!!!
We done 501, 502, 707, 712 just for kids its only 501 as they are too little for other tests

I hope this is correct....

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Anyone with a refusal might wish to order their GCMS Notes or Physical File. There are threads in forum how to do this. You will see the identification of the officers who work on the file and that might provide more group information if the refusals are all coming from the same offices or workers.