+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals not submitted upfront with Outland Application

MarkBrianne

Jun 25, 2013
I'm British and applying through the London office. I put a sticky note in my file stating my medical will be produced upon later request.

I did my medical in Canada as it's much cheaper than having it done in the UK! I waited until they requested my medical before making an appointment.

My application was sent in August, sponsor approved in September and they asked for my medical in November which was sent electronically when completed.

The only problem I foresee is my application taking longer as I don't know if they put my app on hold after asking and including the time it took to wait for my appointment and then the results being sent.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is good to see that CIC are beginning to be a bit more relaxed about the timing of the medical for applicants in the family class. If you look at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp you will see that CIC apparently offers applicants for permanent residency in the family class a choice either to take the medical upfront or to wait until it is requested. Many - possibly most - document checklists for applicants in the family class applying outland however demand that the proof that the medical has been taken (still I think referred to in the checklists as IMM 1017 copy 2 though I do not think that designation now appears in the e medical proof which is handed to the applicant after the medical exam) be submitted with the application and there are plenty of cases documented on this forum where applications have been returned because of a failure to submit the medical proof with the application. Experienced members of this forum have in the past construed the announcement in the CIC publication as being restricted in its application to (as I understand it) inland applicants. Whether they are right or wrong the discrepancy between the wording of the publication (which makes no mention of any restriction in its application) and the wording of the document checklists I have referred to is unsatisfactory to say the least, and the fact remains that an applicant risks having the application returned in its entirety if the medical proof is not included in the application bundle. It is time that CIC got its documents in order!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
MarkBrianne said:
The only problem I foresee is my application taking longer as I don't know if they put my app on hold after asking and including the time it took to wait for my appointment and then the results being sent.
This is the reason that most people submit their medical with the upfront application. When CIC requests your medicals, they don't always wait for them and then immediately start working on your application again. Sometimes they request them, then will put your fill on hold for a set period (say 2 or 3 months) while you are supposed to be completing the request, and will not even look at your file until that specific hold date is passed. They call this a "bring forward" date i think. So in this sense it doesn't matter if you do and submit medicals the next day... it could still result in a several months delay.

Not that this happens in all cases, but it definitely does in some.

ArlJam

Star Member
Oct 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
Med's Done....
January 2013/ Re-done on December 2013
Interview........
November 2013
Passport Req..
February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
March 2014
Hello guys,

According to embassy instructions I did redo my medicals and they never asked me to take the receipt to them, but just in case I did took the receipt and submit it at the embassy I gave it to the security man to let them know that I did redo my medical. but I am on hold still since about 3 months ago (about 3 months since I did my interview, and abt 70 days now since I redo my medicals) so I am guessing that the VO never got my original re-medical receipt and so I'm guessing that the VO is thinking that I never re-do my medical yet.

for now, I have a scanned copy receipt with me. Can I submit again a copy of the receipt? and this time I'm thinking to use FedEx so I can be able to having a proof that I sent them the copy of receipt.

if yes, can I print the scanned receipt in color and send it? do they accept scanned color receipt?

thank you.

MarkBrianne

Jun 25, 2013
Rob_TO said:
This is the reason that most people submit their medical with the upfront application. When CIC requests your medicals, they don't always wait for them and then immediately start working on your application again. Sometimes they request them, then will put your fill on hold for a set period (say 2 or 3 months) while you are supposed to be completing the request, and will not even look at your file until that specific hold date is passed. They call this a "bring forward" date i think. So in this sense it doesn't matter if you do and submit medicals the next day... it could still result in a several months delay.

Not that this happens in all cases, but it definitely does in some.
They updated my online file to state my medical had been completed not long after I did it.

In the email I received asking for my medical to be completed, they said it must be done within 60 days or my application would be rejected.