+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals-Need advice urgently!

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
All

I need an urgent advice on the medicals.

I am currently in USA and my family is in India.Due to this,we will be undergoing our meds under different CIC listed practitioners.

As per CIC website(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/dmp/exam.asp#reports) in section Sending immigration medical exam reports,it has been mentioned that these reports are reqd. to be sent to regional medical centres.

From this,it seems that if the meds are done in India,reports will be sent to New Delhi whereas if they are done in USA,I am not sure where will they be sent(as it's not mentioned).

This will be a cause of confusion since my visa office is Buffalo and the medicals of rest of my family members go to New Delhi,it might have an issue.Although the letter from CIC say that medicals should be sent by doctor to Ottawa address

Please share your experience..

Thnx in advance

canadadreamer

Apr 25, 2010
Medical result should be forwarded to you visa office. From India the DMPs will directly send to New Delhi. Tell your family to tell the doctor the result is not supposed to go to New Delhi but Ottawa or wherever your visa office is.

IT applicant

May 22, 2009
Thnx..

Any idea once the medicals are done,do we get any receipt which we need to send to the CIC as a proof that medicals have been completed(or as a proof for ourself)

Since the reports are sent by doctor to CIC directly,I am wondeirng what if they get lost and then there is no proof with us that medicals were ever done

cheers!

canadadreamer

Apr 25, 2010
You will get receipts from hospital. Send your landing fees along with the copy of receipt to CHC. Medical reports are normally sent by courier. Get the airway bill number from the hospital to track the shipment.