Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Guys,

I came to Canada with a 3 year work permit, thus I did my medicals in another country around December 2012 (same medicals that you do here) as part of my work permit application. After completing blood test, x-ray, etc. the doctor called me right away saying that he found 2 white spots in my right lung (I never smoked in my life). Moreover, he said the Medical Officer will ask him for more tests if we send the application "as is" which utterly means a delay of a few weeks while processing my application. Therefore, I did a MRI (he requested it) which showed that the spots were - in fact - two calcifications due to a flu that I didn't cure well - no implications at all. He said that many people already have them, but they don't know or they don't care about. Nevertheless, my question here is the following: since I got AOR a few months ago and I'll - hopefully - face MR anytime between October - November... What shall I do? Should I approach the "MR" doctor and tell him my story? Should I do some tests with my "family" doctor before going the "MR" doctor?

Any advice from someone who faced a similar story will be gladly welcomed!

CanadaGoose

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Red Planet
NOC Code......
Allmost all
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2013
AOR Received.
16-12-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
23-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-06-2014
Passport Req..
14-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2014
Though I am not expert I will suggest u go with your family doc do tests and if you found it he will give u medications for cure.

U have enough time to take medication

All the best, god bless u

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Thank you very much for your wishes! Indeed, I'm asking this right now (with anticipation) because I want to be proactive before getting my MR.

Maybe I didn't state that clearly, but what I have is neither risky / dangerous nor something that can be treated, but it will eventually show up when taking x-rays. I'm just pointing what should I do in order to speed up things before going to the official MR doctor. I'm pretty sure someone else had a similar story (not exactly what I have) but probably had to hand in some tests to the MR doctor regarding a previous decease / problem.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
maxmoore said:
Maybe I didn't state that clearly, but what I have is neither risky / dangerous nor something that can be treated, but it will eventually show up when taking x-rays. I'm just pointing what should I do in order to speed up things before going to the official MR doctor. I'm pretty sure someone else had a similar story (not exactly what I have) but probably had to hand in some tests to the MR doctor regarding a previous decease / problem.
Hi maxmoore, I am sharing my story (Not exactly but similar situation I am having ) , After this you may feel better ;D friend

When I did Medical for my WP that time Dr called me for another X-ray and said I have some small spot observed in my lung and took second x-ray followed by MRI but result was same, But he never shared result with me (As report directly came to Dr. and he fwd to CIC) , after few days I got letter from CIC along with few forms which says either I am having Inactive TB or in past I get treated for it , so i need to contact listed Dr. and get some test done and ask Doctor to send report to CIC directly .

I had many sleepless night after that letter. in fact I inquired form my parents about my medical history but answer was NO. I never encounter any such problem during my life.
Anyway Dr. whom i visited was very nice and helpful he did 2 xray (on some days interval), Skin test for confirmation of TB (2 times, on 2 week interval), it took around 2 month for me .

He sent report to CIC and I got one letter from some medical officer NOT CIC Medical Officer (don't remember his exact designation ). IN letter he mentioned that please send hard copy of same letter to CIC at below address. (one address was in letter)

Now my Worry (As you already mentioned):
1) What if during my MR same issue will report by Dr during XRAY. Should I carry letter which i got last time from some medical officer and show to Medical dr./ XRAY center before test ,?
OR
2) Generally if they spot any issue in xray they call for another Xray that time I carry all my history file and show them ?

I am thinking about 2nd option

Please some one suggest

Thanks in advance

Reactions: find_anand

dizon09

Jan 16, 2013
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata Form
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
10-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
15-May-2014
Med's Done....
07-Jun-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2014
LANDED..........
15-Jul-2014 rainbow bridge
maxmoore said:
Guys,

I came to Canada with a 3 year work permit, thus I did my medicals in another country around December 2012 (same medicals that you do here) as part of my work permit application. After completing blood test, x-ray, etc. the doctor called me right away saying that he found 2 white spots in my right lung (I never smoked in my life). Moreover, he said the Medical Officer will ask him for more tests if we send the application "as is" which utterly means a delay of a few weeks while processing my application. Therefore, I did a MRI (he requested it) which showed that the spots were - in fact - two calcifications due to a flu that I didn't cure well - no implications at all. He said that many people already have them, but they don't know or they don't care about. Nevertheless, my question here is the following: since I got AOR a few months ago and I'll - hopefully - face MR anytime between October - November... What shall I do? Should I approach the "MR" doctor and tell him my story? Should I do some tests with my "family" doctor before going the "MR" doctor?

Any advice from someone who faced a similar story will be gladly welcomed!
My xrays always shows a spot on my right lung since I was young. I was requested for 3 xrays during my WP applications and also showed them all my previous xray results and it came out fine.

During the medicals here in Toronto for our PR application, I brought all my xray results but the doctor didn't even bother to look on it. I also indicated in the form that I have hypertension and results came out also fine.

Just stay fit and don't worry too much, you will be fine.

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
Thanks guys! I appreciate so much that you have provided really useful information regarding your personal experience. I will ask my family doctor to do some x-rays and -consequently- any test derived from it in order to be prepared for MR. I'll keep you posted in case someone faces the same situation.

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
CEC_1304 said:
Hi maxmoore, I am sharing my story (Not exactly but similar situation I am having ) , After this you may feel better ;D friend

When I did Medical for my WP that time Dr called me for another X-ray and said I have some small spot observed in my lung and took second x-ray followed by MRI but result was same, But he never shared result with me (As report directly came to Dr. and he fwd to CIC) , after few days I got letter from CIC along with few forms which says either I am having Inactive TB or in past I get treated for it , so i need to contact listed Dr. and get some test done and ask Doctor to send report to CIC directly .

I had many sleepless night after that letter. in fact I inquired form my parents about my medical history but answer was NO. I never encounter any such problem during my life.
Anyway Dr. whom i visited was very nice and helpful he did 2 xray (on some days interval), Skin test for confirmation of TB (2 times, on 2 week interval), it took around 2 month for me .

He sent report to CIC and I got one letter from some medical officer NOT CIC Medical Officer (don't remember his exact designation ). IN letter he mentioned that please send hard copy of same letter to CIC at below address. (one address was in letter)

1) What if during my MR same issue will report by Dr during XRAY. Should I carry letter which i got last time from some medical officer and show to Medical dr./ XRAY center before test ,?
OR
2) Generally if they spot any issue in xray they call for another Xray that time I carry all my history file and show them ?

Please some one suggest

Thanks in advance
Did you receive letter from CIC by mail to your address or email?

maxmoore

Feb 22, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-04-2015
CEC_1304 said:

OR

Please some one suggest

Thanks in advance
From my point of view, I would probably go and combine (1) and (2) as well. When you show up for medicals (like me), be prepared to talk about your case briefly and concise. Also, hand in any test / document that explains what you have / detected during previous x-rays. That should be enough. When I did medicals in my country and they found the spots in my lungs, they didn't say that the application will be rejected. The doctor just wanted to speed up things because he knew that the medical officer will request more tests in order to verify whether is tuberculosis or not (which it wasn't at the end). Just do everything... prepare your tests with anticipation and show them to the doctor the day of your medical examination for PR (probably he won't bother in taking a look to your files as someone here already explained). Good luck and keep us posted! We're all in the same boat here.