SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hello,
I'm currently dealing with a huge question about my medical exams, I have to explain a little bit my case to see if there is an actual answer about this craziness, so here it goes:

March 2015 - Took my medicals exams, my husband was supposed to apply on 2015 but lots of things happened and we were able to finally apply on February 2016. We were aware that my medicals were about to expire but we wouldn't mind taking them again whenever they asked for them.

AOR1 & SA were both received on March 2016

AOR2 was later received on April 2016, by this time I was well aware that my medicals expired so I asked for an appointment with the physician of my city. When I went to the physician, he said that I couldn't take my medical exams again because they were still valid, whenever he logged on with my name and passport number it showed those exams and his advice was for us to wait until Bogota VO sent us document request. By this time I only had three lines on my ECAS:
  • We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2016.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 5, 2016.
  • We started processing your application on April 4, 2016.

On June we hadn't heard anything from Bogota VO, so my husband ordered GCMS notes and we received them at the beginning of this month (July), notes didn't really say much, pretty much they hadn't started going through our application and the only this that didn't say "not started" were the medicals, which said "in progress".

Last week, July 13th we finally heard some news from Bogota VO, they asked for 4 documents (background check, marriage certificate, an update to schedule A form and 4 pictures), didn't say anything about the medical exams.

Yesterday I happened to log on to ECAS, I don't know why I logged in to it because I sort of lost hope into logging in it. I saw that they finally added a fourth line which was "Medical results have been received."

Now, my questions.... Does this mean my exams were extended or would they ask for them again in the near future?
Like I previously mentioned, I don't mind taking them again, but it sort of freaks me out that all of a sudden they requested all those document and not my medical exams and all of a sudden ECAS show they received them.
Could it also mean that maybe a decision made is also close by?

Thank you!

Mariechan

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
Doc's Request.
19-08-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:23-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront: 23-03-2015 Re-Med:27-06-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Received 18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-09-2016
LANDED..........
08-10-2016
JJ628 said:
Hello,
I'm currently dealing with a huge question about my medical exams, I have to explain a little bit my case to see if there is an actual answer about this craziness, so here it goes:

March 2015 - Took my medicals exams, my husband was supposed to apply on 2015 but lots of things happened and we were able to finally apply on February 2016. We were aware that my medicals were about to expire but we wouldn't mind taking them again whenever they asked for them.

AOR2 was later received on April 2016, by this time I was well aware that my medicals expired so I asked for an appointment with the physician of my city. When I went to the physician, he said that I couldn't take my medical exams again because they were still valid, whenever he logged on with my name and passport number it showed those exams and his advice was for us to wait until Bogota VO sent us document request. By this time I only had three lines on my ECAS:
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 5, 2016.

On June we hadn't heard anything from Bogota VO, so my husband ordered GCMS notes and we received them at the beginning of this month (July), notes didn't really say much, pretty much they hadn't started going through our application and the only this that didn't say "not started" were the medicals, which said "in progress".

Last week, July 13th we finally heard some news from Bogota VO, they asked for 4 documents (background check, marriage certificate, an update to schedule A form and 4 pictures), didn't say anything about the medical exams.

Yesterday I happened to log on to ECAS, I don't know why I logged in to it because I sort of lost hope into logging in it. I saw that they finally added a fourth line which was "Medical results have been received."

Now, my questions.... Does this mean my exams were extended or would they ask for them again in the near future?
Like I previously mentioned, I don't mind taking them again, but it sort of freaks me out that all of a sudden they requested all those document and not my medical exams and all of a sudden ECAS show they received them.

Thank you!
We have a different vo office,,, i have had the same experience but in diff. Situation they didnt ask for re-medical since it is valid for 15months AND "it is not yet the time" for them to check on your Backgrounds such as; eligibility, security, criminality and medical.... medical is the last thing that needs to be check and if they request for it you are nearing the finish line
March 23, 2015 upfront medical
March 24, 2016 I ask them and they just told me "As for new medical examination, it will sent to you and your family members in due time"
June 23, 2016 remedical

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Mariechan said:
We have a different vo office,,, i have had the same experience but in diff. Situation they didnt ask for re-medical since it is valid for 15months AND "it is not yet the time" for them to check on your Backgrounds such as; eligibility, security, criminality and medical.... medical is the last thing that needs to be check and if they request for it you are nearing the finish line
March 23, 2015 upfront medical
March 24, 2016 I ask them and they just told me "As for new medical examination, it will sent to you and your family members in due time"
June 23, 2016 remedical
Thanks for answering and sharing your experience. What it seems to be odd is that my physician printed out a copy of my medical exams that were "expired" and it said that obviously they were still valid until May 2016.

Now, if you say that medical exams are the last thing to be checked, it probably means that after sending all these documents they requested last week, they will probably ask for another medical examination in the future.

Again, thank you for answering, my husband and I actually want to know an approximately of how long will this process will take, Bogota VO doesn't have an estimate, their are cases that are solved within 6 or 7 months, others can last up to a year or more.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
JJ628 said:
Hello,

Thank you!
1) It seems you are close to final stage with positive decision as they asked for updated forms and papers.
2) Not to worry with medical exam..if they want they will let you know...the visa office has also the power to extend the validity for another year which I saw somewhere in this forum. The veteran members may confirm this.

Good luck!

Hasan

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Hasan9999 said:
1) It seems you are close to final stage with positive decision as they asked for updated forms and papers.
2) Not to worry with medical exam..if they want they will let you know...the visa office has also the power to extend the validity for another year which I saw somewhere in this forum. The veteran members may confirm this.

Good luck!

Hasan
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank you so much for your response! I really hope that there is a positive decision near by!

Canadian_Irish_

Star Member
May 27, 2016
JJ628 said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Thank you so much for your response! I really hope that there is a positive decision near by!
My husbands medicals were extended just over a year :)

We applied beginning of April 2016 knowing that his expired mid April 2016 (he did them in 2015) but they extended them until May 31, 2017.

I seen the date on his CoPR :)

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Canadian_Irish_ said:

We applied beginning of April 2016 knowing that his expired mid April 2016 (he did them in 2015) but they extended them until May 31, 2017.

Thank you for sharing this piece of information! Hopefully mine will be extended until at least next March 2017.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Hasan9999 said:

Good luck!

Hasan
This is what I initially thought as well, until OP let me know in PM that all assessments were showing as not started.

Then I was a bit confused.

Let's hope that this is the case, and that assessments have just not been updated yet and will be upon completion. :)

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
ImABule said:
This is what I initially thought as well, until OP let me know in PM that all assessments were showing as not started.

Then I was a bit confused.

Let's hope that this is the case, and that assessments have just not been updated yet and will be upon completion. :)
ImABule thank you once again for helping out with your knowledge! Good luck with your case!!

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Canadian_Irish_ said:

Valuable information, indeed!

Thank you.

Hasan